Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

The Mosin Nagant vs Frozen Containers

Last edited by EagleOne; 01-23-2011, 02:00 PM.
    sigpic
    TheRealHanSolo
    Officer
    • Jun 2008
    • DSA Solo

Sick. Though I can not imagine what it was like to shoot one with no ear protection in WW2

Comment

APAT
      Honorary DSA
      • Mar 2010

I wonder what that would do to a deer hummmm...............

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

@Solo
        I havent shot it without hearing protection yet. It's fairly loud. I've shot other guns with protection, but not this thing. I was firing rounds out of the 40 cal glock before I shot this, and was thinking the Glock was fairly loud, but wow. Big difference when the Mosin comes out.
        around
        @APAT
        Be a damned good deer rifle, the rounds I'm using in the video are full metal jacketed 190 grain bullets... still gets around 2,800 FPS, even with those heavy fuckers. Hell the bullets are traveling 100 yards in the video and hit just about the next frame of the video (shot in 24 frames per second). They all come with the 17" bayonet and run about $100-$140. Ammo is about $9 for 20 rounds. very reasonable for the power. The iron sights compensate for range out to 2000 meters... and the truth about this thing is if you can see it, you can hit it. Hard. I've heard of people knocking down BIG game with these, and there are all kinds of power videos of them. There's one sowing it absolutely destroying concrete blocks and another attempting to go through 9 frying pans. pretty crazy.

For a comparison, an M16 standard 5.56x45mm round goes almost the same speed but only weighs about 1/3 of the weight. This thing chews up whatever gets in front of it. Obviously a 50 cal BMG round would be more powerful, but those are around $3 per shot and a "cheap" 50 cal rifle will run you around 6 grand.
        sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
          Honorary DSA

And it's fun as HELL to shoot!
          sigpic

Comment

TheRealHanSolo
            Officer
            • Jun 2008
            • DSA Solo

Well next time I come home, I know what you and I are doing!

Comment

APAT
              Honorary DSA
              • Mar 2010

Looks badass. Beats the old .30-06 in velocity. I need to buy some land so I can deer hunt and shoot again. Miss being able to go out and shoot clays and targets. Great stress relief. And fun as hell

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...