Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fromunda
    Honorary DSA

Needed a break

Since I live in the middle of nowhere, car broke and I lost my job Ive been playing a lot of the Gears 3 Beta . Mostly because I love it but also because I have had nothing to do besides game. Last night I got a last minute invite to a concert in Battle Creek so I though woo hoo I get to get out of the fucking house. It wasnt a huge concert, it was a bar called Planet Live with a max capacity of about 350. For being a little venue it kicked ass, we got there part way through the opening band(Better Left Unsaid) but in plenty of time for the main show. It was Hed PE and Mushroomhead , I knew of them but hadnt heard much of their music till last night but it was good. On a side note I saw more neck tattoos then a Denver Nuggets game. When we were in the parking lot on the way in there was a couple with their kid(3 or 4) who drove 2 1/2 hours from Indiana because Mushroomhead is the kids favorite band. They brought him because they heard the show was for all ages but they wouldnt let the kid in. About half way through their set the band brought the kid on stage and let bang on the drums, he looked like he had a blast. I got a drumstick that one of Mushroomheads drumers tossed out to the crowd, after the show ended we were talking and I asked him to sign it. Apparently he didnt realize he had thrown that particular stick, it was given to him by the drummer of a band that was touring with them and had to drop out. So he got into his stick bag and signed another one and traded it for the one his friend gave him.

I Th3Ewok I
    Civilian

You live around Battle Creek? I grew up in Kalamazoo, used to skate all around battle creek. Small world.

Comment

APAT
      Honorary DSA
      • Mar 2010

I bet that was a good time. I could jam out to Hed PE. I like that video. Had heard of um just had never listened to them

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

jmhc74
        Honorary DSA
        • Dec 2007

1 2 3 suck it up

Have that song on my Ipod....totall kick ass song
        Last edited by jmhc74; 05-05-2011, 12:24 PM.
        sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Yentis
          Honorary DSA
          • Sep 2007
          • Yentis

sounds like it was a good time man. the bands where a little different but a good kind of different thanks i will have to download some of their stuff and give it a listen.

Hope you get a quick buck off the drum stick lol....
          " If a man doesn't bleed ,and he doesn't cry you don't trust him cause he is not man. " .. Zakk Wylde

Comment

fromunda
            Honorary DSA

@ Ewok I have lived in Kalamazoo my whole life, its only a 25 minute drive to Planet Live.

@ APAT This is from a Minneapolis show but they did the same Marley cover in BC

@ Yentis Im not trying to sell the drumstick, I figured Hed PE would be better(and they did kick ass) but Mushroomhead surprised me.

Heres some video from the show

I like small shows like that, after the bands were done they would go back by the merchandise tables and sign autographs for everyone who wanted one. After it was all over we got to talk with the lead singer and drummer for Mushroomhead, Hed PE was gone by then since they had finished a few hours before that.

Comment

darth_cedaus
              Civilian
              • Nov 2010

i love mushroomhead there new cd is awesome.

Comment

I Th3Ewok I
                Civilian

Originally posted by Yentis
                sounds like it was a good time man. the bands where a little different but a good kind of different thanks i will have to download some of their stuff and give it a listen.

Hope you get a quick buck off the drum stick lol....
                Really? I lived there till I was 18, 26 now. I went to Portage Central graduated 2003. What school did/ do you go to? Pretty small world.

Comment

fromunda
                  Honorary DSA

I went to Kalamazoo Central and graduated in 2000

Comment

I Th3Ewok I
                    Civilian

Small world, I wouldn't be surprised if our paths have crossed.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                    Working...