Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy
    Honorary DSA

This guy says the Prequels are better

I'm sorry but this guy is out of his mind. I can see where he is trying come from but I just don't think he gets it.

R2D2
    Civilian
    • Mar 2006

Well I can absolutely see what he's saying. The all around setup, themes and plot have more depth than the originals. I would be willing to go so far as to say that is true. However, the films do not live up to their potential. Lucas made too many bad decisions that ended up tainting the films to the point of no return. The midichlorians, Gungans in general, Trade Federation (Can you speaka da Chinese?), actor choices, and not letting someone else write the love story. The list is endless. Lucas may have good ideas, but he has just as many (if not more) bad ones. All the political intrigue (if you can call it that) is dull, it's like he didn't even try to make it interesting. If the whole plot revolves around the political collapse of the republic show us more of that, make us care. Don't waste ten minutes of our time on a flashy pod race if all it does is tell us the kid has the force and can fly stuff. I mean, it's not like we know he's Darth frickin' Vader yet right? I mean Ben Kenobi tells us in a new hope he was a "skilled pilot" I thenk we get it. Anyway I need to end this rant. While the guy is sort of right on what he said, it does not excuse the prequels as a whole. Just because a film is complex, which SWE1,2 and3 aren't really, does not necessarily make it good. Sometimes a simpler, more clear message connects better with people. That is why the originals are better.

Comment

APAT
      Honorary DSA
      • Mar 2010

^^Good points R2

I see what the guy is saying. Doesn't change the fact that I watched the prequels once and have never had the urge to watch them again. They're just not "good". I'd like to see the prequels remade and tailored to adults. All the kiddy BS is annoying. And I've watched and enjoyed a lot of kids movies(Pixar films). But mixing kiddy stuff with battles, light saber fights, people dieing, etc doesn't work.

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Andy
        Honorary DSA

Yeah like I said, I can see what he is saying. But what he is saying is that the movies are a bunch of political agenda movies. The last thing I think of when it comes to Star Wars is political agendas. From what he is saying, it sounds like these movies were made to teach us about what can happen in a flawed system and not entertain us. If I want to learn something like that, I will take a class at college.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...