X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imapotato
    Civilian
    • Feb 2006

Took my oath of office

Yes I am working as a part of our Federal Government now...a 4 year term in the Department of the Interior

So I may not be around as much

I hope to make some practices...but I can't be sure

BEWARE THE DARK FRIED SIDE OF THE HASH BROWN
    Tomahawk
    Imperial Guard
    • Feb 2006

Sounds like a sweet gig Tater. Hope you'll still be around enough. Squad 1 won't be the same without you. I'm Canadian so I'm not quite sure on American Bureaucracy but what is the Dept of Interior involve?

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Re: Took my oath of office

Originally posted by imapotato
      Yes I am working as a part of our Federal Government now...a 4 year term in the Department of the Interior

So I may not be around as much

I hope to make some practices...but I can't be sure
      Potato, congrats on the new job. Great news. I hope that it doesn't take you away from the game too much, or more importantly, from DSA. You are a highly valued member of the clan, with some serious skills and good Barry Manilow recall. As such, hopefully some time in the week can be carved out for us! Either way, you have a home here and your return upon any prolonged absences will be met with a "Copacabana!"
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

RaTix
        Emperor

From the US Department of Interior Website
        The Department of the Interior, comprising the eight bureaus listed at the right:
        • Manages 1 out of every 5 acres of land in the US.
          Provides the resources for nearly one-third of the Nation's energy.
          Works with 562 federally recognized Indian Tribes.
          Administers U.S. responsibility to four overseas Territories.
          Provides water to 31 million citizens through 824 dams and reservoirs.
          Receives over 450 million visits each year to 388 units of the national park system, 544 wildlife refuges and vast areas of multiple use lands.
          Provides opportunities for hunters and anglers, working to improve habitat on millions of acres of public and private lands.

The 8 Bureaus
        Bureau of Reclamation
        US Geological Surveys
        Bureau of land management
        Minerals management service
        National Park Service
        Bureau of Indian Affairs
        US fish and wildlife service
        Office of Surface mining
        Does this mean I shouldnt tell you about my blast fishing expeditions at the resevior?

Congrats on your new job/promotion. I too hope you can still find time for to play, but any prolonged absence is totally understandable.
        "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
        ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

RIZZO
          Honorary DSA
          • Jun 2005
          • RiZZo0

Congrats on your new position Potato. Squad 1 will surely miss you and your skills with the blaster rifle but your spot will always remain with us. Hopefully we will still be able to see you at practice. Good luck on the new job man!

Comment

Deslock
            Darth Beratter

Congrads! Last time I took my oath, I had to report to Boot Camp, lol, NOT FUN!!! 8O

sigpic

Comment

Zabka
              Imperial Guard
              • Nov 2004
              • DSA Zabka

This all reminds me of my favorite Sopranos episode:

Tony (on phone to paulie warning him about a Russian Paulie tried to kill): He was special forces. He was in the dept of the interior!

Paulie (relaying message to Christopher): He was special forces. He was an interior decorator!

Christopher: Really? His place looked like sh*t!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

RegentOne
                Imperial Advisor

Congrats on your new job Potato! Find some time to plug us in when you can. Last time I took oath was 3 years ago when I re-enlisted as a Navy Chief. Good on you man and I hope your new job is fruitful.
                "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
                {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

CRABcrap
                  Civilian
                  • Oct 2005

Congrats, I didn’t no that potatoes and politics get along
                  Rifles, shotguns, and rockets are weapons of war,
                  A few good men (& women), a fantastic strategic leader, and tacts are weapons of armies,
                  with both combined there shall be victory!
                  LET US SHOW'EM WHAT WE ARE MADE OF!!!

Comment

imapotato
                    Civilian
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zabka
                    This all reminds me of my favorite Sopranos episode:

Tony (on phone to paulie warning him about a Russian Paulie tried to kill): He was special forces. He was in the dept of the interior!

Paulie (relaying message to Christopher): He was special forces. He was an interior decorator!

Christopher: Really? His place looked like sh*t!
                    lmao

Yea, us DOI guys are lethal...lol

I am in the National Park Service, so unless The Sopranos try and take out the home of a former President...I think they are safe :)

and I already took my oath for Service...which is why I am a government guy now...so Vets when ya get out...the Federal Government loves to hire us grunts...ho Hah!

Comment

Zabka
                      Imperial Guard
                      • Nov 2004
                      • DSA Zabka

I was going to make some Ranger Rick or other ranger/yogi bear jokes, but I didn't want to make fun of a valuable service provided. And when I was going to make Interior Decorator jokes, I realized that many others may not be the Soprano's fan that I am.

The Sopranos episode took place in New Jersey's Pine Barrens in the winter. It was really the best episode and was directed by Steve Buscemi, one of my favorites ever since he was Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs. The Russian guy was a big bear of a man who managed to escape despite being beat up and shot by the inept Paulie and Christopher.

Comment

imapotato
                        Civilian
                        • Feb 2006

Nope not a Ranger

I am Admin/HR :)

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                        Working...