Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reaver
    Imperial Advisor

Hurricanes

I was watching the weather channel earlier this morning...

i was looking at all the diffent states getting pounded by rain..

so then i started to think about you guys what its like where you are with all the rain..

Such states like Michigan-Fomunda, Newyork-Zabka, And then i started to think about the Texas ones because i know they got it bad there as i have heard.

So then 10 minutes later the weather channel was talking about how bad this season is suppost to get in hurricanes...

:? I just want to state this even though i live in florida. (im not the only one who got hit) georgia, new orleans, texas, and i even heard new engaln got it bad way back when.

So for all of those including me that are not aware of this up coming hurricane season... beaware because this is suppost to get rough from what im hearing..

And to be on the safe side i would be prepared for any think these sun'of'a'bitches throw at you because they turn wicked ways.

:? Sooo.... If i am here going to practices showing up then i am not arround. i am out of power... but i will be keeping you updated..

i am just letting all my fellow dsa know ahead of time.

So.. For all those in path of a serious storm be safe and be prepared.

God Bless.
    " I need a beer "
    fromunda
    Honorary DSA

Rain? it hasent raind here in a minute, maybe a few weeks. But stay safe man, I also heard that this years hurricane season is suppose to be bad.

Comment

RegentOne
      Imperial Advisor

Yeah, I know what you mean Soul. Virginia was hit by hurricane Isabel a couple of years ago and we lost power for a week in Virginia Beach. Thanks for the toughtful gestures and you be safe down there in Florida.
      "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
      {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

Deslock
        Darth Beratter

Here in Tennessee, we don't get hurricanes, just killer tornadoes. Different, but just as fun :(

It storms..."Well, will we die this time?" lol, never know. Life is fun when you're livin' on the edge.

Watch the sky go black, watch the rain pour sideways, and hope and pray you don't hear anything like a freight train. Listen to the warning sirens go off, and hope and pray you still have a home to go to after you get off work. Or, that the roads all clear enough for you to even get home.

One time, when I was at work, we were lucky, and the tornado actually "hopped" over us where we worked (Horribly scary), and watched in horror as it travelled down main street. I've never been more scared in my life! (Well, besides that time I was in Libya, but that's a another story).

The truth remains, Mother Nature will flat out kick your ass, and there's nothing, and I mean nothing, you can do about it.

Tie.

sigpic

Comment

fromunda
          Honorary DSA

We dont get hurricanes here either. But a few years ago there was one on the other side of town while I was working, it was 3rd shift so we went outside to watch the lightning show. The thunder was so loud it set off all the car alarms at the dealership right next door, like 25-30 car alarms all going off at once.

Comment

captnjeter
            Honorary DSA

New York doesn't get that many hurricanes. Sometimes we get Noreasters, which can be really bad, but compared to a full out hurricane, it's nothing. In fact the last hurricane which really affected where I live in Eastern Long Island, was back in 1938, which trimmed 5 miles of beach land within 20 minutes from where I live.
            "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

imapotato
              Civilian
              • Feb 2006

When I was stationed in Ft Drum

worst thing we had was Lake Effect bilzzards, we were called on alert more then once when Ice dragged down power lines, trees etc.

We also had a microburst, which is a small tornado

Last hurricane I recall was around 1996, when I was going to Ocean City MD with some friends, got stuck at JFK

BEWARE THE DARK FRIED SIDE OF THE HASH BROWN

Comment

Zabka
                Imperial Guard
                • Nov 2004
                • DSA Zabka

Ummm....hurricane season doesn't start till August.

Virginia Beach gets nearly hit all the time, for some reason, they turn off coast after tearing up NC. I grew up there and had many a close call--and a couple of bad ones.
                You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

captnjeter
                  Honorary DSA

Earlier than August. The National Weather Service decrees that Hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th, due to warm waters in the Caribbean and tropics, but usually the first ones crop up in the middle of July.

Strange... I slept through 1st and 2nd period Earth Science in 9th grade...
                  "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

Zabka
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Nov 2004
                    • DSA Zabka

That's interesting. I never actually thought of it as an official season. I was basing it more on the fact that most hurricanes that have disrupted the East Coast have been from beginning of August to sometime through October. come to think of it, I can't think of a hurricane in the last 20 years that has made landfall in the States prior to August. Selective memory perhaps?
                    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

DarkPrinceXizor
                      Civilian
                      • Jan 2005

I appreciate the concern Soul. Dallas has taken a few hits of hard rain, but we are all safe and sound now. A couple of flickers here and there and a very short power outage here at our house, but nothing too serious. Although, the winds were so strong that part of our backyard fence was blown down. But then again, that fence is really old. No big suprize that it fell over. Well now I'm rambling again, so I'd better wrap this up. My main point is that while we have hade some rough weather, we are all still okay. Thanks for your concern Soul, we'll becareful. Take care all and God bless.
                      IN THIS BATTLE,
                      THERE IS ONLY VICTORY OR DEFEAT,
                      FOR I SHALL NEVER EVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                      Working...