X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CRABcrap
    Civilian
    • Oct 2005

Nintendo prices Wii at $250 for U.S. market

While the device lacks the same level of gaming power offered by Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3, its unique controller has prompted gamers to mark it as a contender.
    Nintendo first demonstrated the Wii controller to the gaming community this month in Los Angeles at E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo.
    The Wii remote, which is equipped with a motion-sensor in addition to the usual controls, can be used as a direct-action implement, allowing players to swing it like a light saber, sword or baseball bat in communication with the game being played. (Click here for a CNET.com video of the Wii in action.)
    The Wii became the underdog hit of E3, despite criticism of its quirky name. (The device was called Revolution during development.)
    Nintendo did not release pricing and availability at that time.
    During E3, Sony announced that its PS3 would be available for $499 for the 60GB hard drive version and $499 for the 20GB version. Microsoft's Xbox 360 sells for between $299 and $399, depending on options, but the company has had problems meeting demand, frustrating both would-be customers and Microsoft stockholders. The company announced an increase in Xbox 360 production in March.
    Rifles, shotguns, and rockets are weapons of war,
    A few good men (& women), a fantastic strategic leader, and tacts are weapons of armies,
    with both combined there shall be victory!
    LET US SHOW'EM WHAT WE ARE MADE OF!!!
    {KOR}S-EZ20
    Civilian
    • May 2006

well i think u meant $599 for the 60gb and $499 for the 20gb. Also i dont like the REV or Wii watever its called because the games are mostly mario related and the controllers could get a little annoying at times. This is just my opinion so dont get mad or anything =). I might buy it because i have all the gaming systems, and metroid prime 3:chaos, and i would like to keep it that way. thanx for telling me the prices :D

Comment

CRABcrap
      Civilian
      • Oct 2005

hell the prices are just changing with rumors & some news ppl r going w/ the rumors than the actual prices....the news site i go to sux its info isnt always correct but 4 some reason i still go back...
      Rifles, shotguns, and rockets are weapons of war,
      A few good men (& women), a fantastic strategic leader, and tacts are weapons of armies,
      with both combined there shall be victory!
      LET US SHOW'EM WHAT WE ARE MADE OF!!!

Comment

CHRIST
        Civilian

i wont be buying the ps3 for a long while because of the steep price and there wont be many games out for a year or two and i dont like that many games so its not worth my while to buy unless you can play bf2 on it and it makes it a lot better

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

{KOR}S-EZ20
          Civilian
          • May 2006

Originally posted by CHRIST
          i wont be buying the ps3 for a long while because of the steep price and there wont be many games out for a year or two and i dont like that many games so its not worth my while to buy unless you can play bf2 on it and it makes it a lot better
          i think you can because its reversal, which means you can play PS2 and PS1 games on it.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...