Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    THeDRiZZLe
    Honorary DSA
    • Nov 2005

I noticed last night when a bunch of us wee on the hero server that even though I had my settings on talk to and listen to everyone, some people I just couldn't hear, they were either really muffled or I was hearing them bleed through someone else's head set who had their volume too loud or mic too sensitive. Pesonally, I think many of these mic problems are problably design glitches in the game, we all know how many glitches there are and how quickly LA threw this game together inorder to release it with the ROTS DVD.

Comment

Mace
      Civilian
      • Jun 2006

I like Dioxin's suggestion first of all. That's probably your quickest way of isolating the WGA as the problem. If that works, I would definitely consider moving your wireless router back downstairs and direct connecting to your PS2 and then strongly consider going wireless on any computers in the house.

That's how I do it today and it works like a champ. You did mention before that you don't want to go wireless on your computers. Is there a reason or are you trying not to drop more money on network cards for your laptops, etc?

That's my recommendation. Try Dioxin's suggestion, relocate your wireless router to your basement if the voice starts working right, make a planter out of that WGA, and visit Best Buy or your favorite local electronics gouger for all the wireless cards for all your laptops.

And then we all get to talk to you in one of those ring things Comp described. I'm curious to know how the heck Comp knows that. Did you find that on a LA forum or what? It makes sense to keep the delay due to voice under control although the ring transmit/re-transmit thing is very different. I liked my priority idea but the peer-to-peer operation of the voice is yet another example of not overcomplicating things. Kinda cool when you think about it.

Seriously, you DSA guys are a little too knowledgeable for your own good.

It is truly scary!!! I really hope this gets it all fixed for you!

Later,

Mace

Comment

Zabka
        Imperial Guard
        • Nov 2004
        • DSA Zabka

I am going to bring my ps2 upstairs and play on the small tv in my bedroom to test the voice part to see if it is a router issue or the WGA. I should also try other games on the WGA. But I just haven't had the time lately.

I don't want to connect wirelessly for my computer because it is a desktop PC that I use for work connections. The nature of my work is such that I need the best possible connection and for it to be secure. When i connect to work a lot of data is transmitted and I need that real time. Unfortunately, I have to prioritize work over DSA.

I knew I had to go through this trouble shooting---it took me many hours to figure out what was going on with the powerline adapter and then 20hour with customer support to find out that they don't support consoles. I just don't anticipate linksys customer support to be of any use--and they never send you to a level 2 technician until you force them into a 5 hour session where they finally give up and move you up to somebody who actually knows what you are talking about.
        You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Dioxin
          Honorary DSA

any update zabka?
          "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Zabka
            Imperial Guard
            • Nov 2004
            • DSA Zabka

So here is the latest. I tried screwing around with my ports some more. Nothing. Then I tried playing socom3 and unlike in swbf2 and bf2mc, I could hear NOBODY and nobody could hear me. So I decided enough was enough and I plugged directly into my router.

When I first moved to this house in June, I was directly plugged in then too, but it was a different router/switch (because I had to find a solution to connect down 2 floors, I tried powerline ethernet, then the wireless gaming adapter). On my old router, there were no issues and I had the best connection. On this new router---no voice on Socom3. I didn't try battlefront since unless I did it during a practice, I wouldn't know if people could hear me or not--and I spent all of tonight trying to fix this. Anyway, with socom voice not working, I decided it was the router. Got on the phone with level 1 netgear support for about 5 hours. Nothing. Spent the last two with netgear level 2 support. did everything. THey are sending me a new router.

Hopefully that fixes it, but they aren't certain since they believe that either the voice ports work or they don't. It shouldn't be: kind of works on swbf2 and doesnt' work at all on socom3.

So I will get a new router sent next week. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to think.

At least it doesn't appear that the problem was a wireless problem---although to be fair, I didn't test it with swbf2. But socom3 is a more popular game that the router manual actually addresses directly (socom2 actually) so that I could prove to them that I was opening up the proper ports. So the WGA stays for now. who knows--maybe one day I will be talking to everyone again!
            You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Deslock
              Darth Beratter

What's weird Zabka, is that I can usually hear you and Kerry, but no one else. Go figure.

sigpic

Comment

EliteTrooper
                Civilian
                • Jul 2006

when I here Zabka its usally as an echo from some elses mic who has it set to everyone kerry I can usay hear but he is a little low(mabye thats just how he talks though..)

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...