X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MajinTony
    Honorary DSA
    • Aug 2005

Ohio St. PHOENIX?

I noticed in your post you played Buckeye hockey. You knida avoided the years you played though lol. I had a friend go to Michigan, and I asked him if he played. He said no way, people like Brendan Morrison, Blake Sloan, and Brendan Morrow went there. So my question is: Who have you played with/against in your day?

Also, do you follow the NHL? If so, what team?

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR
    Phoenix
    Honorary DSA

Tony,

I played in 1991-1993 until my knee went right and my body went left!

Buckeye hockey wasn't strong when i went there. This was before the team got guys like Dave Steckel and RJ Umberger, who just signed a phatty deal with Philly. The CCHA does have Michigan amd those guys were just ridiculous, but I never played against real strong NHL talent. Most guys were going to Canada to get their groove on. I am roughly the size of Theo Fleury, without the attitude, so you can see why I didn't last long.

I am from Pittsburgh originally, so I am a Penguins fan. Now that i live in Columbus, I am a Blue Jackets fan as well. Needless to say the last five years of hockey have BLOWN for me!

I am one of those fans that can watch any team, any day and I just love that sport.
    Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

MajinTony
      Honorary DSA
      • Aug 2005

Awesome! I'm a Canucks fan, I remember when we drafed RJ Umberger. I was dissapointed they let him get away. Man I'm still cringing from that hit he took from campbell in the playoffs against the sabres.

Heh Theo Fluery's tenacity came from drug and alcohol abuse though.

Ya, I follow the canucks pretty intently, but I love the game of Hockey as a whole. NHL, international, ECHL, I love it all. I tell you what, the Bluejackets are getting better and are better suited to compete with the new cap in place. I love Rick Nash too. That is a huge kid with soft hands.

As for you're Penguins......you have a lot to look forward too. Forget Crosby, Evgeni Malkin is who I'm waiting to see. He was by far the most impressive player to me at the Olympics.

Bah I'm rambling now. I could talk hockey all day LOL!!

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

Phoenix
        Honorary DSA

I am with you Tony. That was actually what drew me to tryout for DSA. Hockey, bass players and soccer fans!

You beat me to the punch, I was about to send a post asking who everyone liked on the ice!
        Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

Phoenix
          Honorary DSA

I am trying to post some funny pictures from the Bucks that include me smoking in the locker room (without my teeth) but my pics are posting at an absurdly gigantic size. Can anyone tell me how to format them down on this site from the photobucket?

Thanks.
          Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

Dioxin
            Honorary DSA

yes phoenix. If you have XP, open the picutre in paint. Older versions of paint have not let you open jpegs. It's in one of the tabs at the top... go through them (somewhere between Edit and Help) and you should see shrink/resize. Click that and you can reduce the image by any percentage. Keep the % the same and you'll maintain the ratio. I usually start with 50% reduction in size. Be sure to save your originals first. Once you shrink, you can't go back UP in size without it getting all pixelated.
            "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

MajinTony
              Honorary DSA
              • Aug 2005

HAHA! Yeah get those pics up here. What happened to your teeth? Bad boarding incident?

Comment

Phoenix
                Honorary DSA

Nah, I fell down rollerskating....yea rollerskating. I wish I had a cool, tough story but truth is I was a freaking clutz...
                Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

MajinTony
                  Honorary DSA
                  • Aug 2005

Don't feel bad Phoenix, I have a Rollerblading incedent too.

Rollerblades+Speed Bump+Too much whiskey=can't grow hair on my chin!!!

Comment

Phoenix
                    Honorary DSA

It wasn't even as cool as rollerblading...it was rollerSKATING...but the girl was hot, and you all know how that story ends...lol
                    Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

MajinTony
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Aug 2005

LOL!!! Well I think its time you start making a story up. You gotta have something a little more tough than rollerskateing accident.

How bout this: you were sitting on the end of the bench with time winding down in the 3rd. An ugly slash occurs, The ice erupts into 6 v 6 brawl. Even the goalies are meeting up in this epic brawl. Things keep escalating, the benches clear. You start helping your teammates, then you get Todd Bertuzzi'd. You slam face first to the ice unconcious, where you lose all your chiclets on impact.

This story will be available for purchase at MajinMart.com if you're interested.

LOL!! Just messing with ya :D

Comment

Phoenix
                        Honorary DSA

It sounds like an awesome story...it certainly beats my Boogie Nights.

My nickname was "Banana Peel" for about a decade.
                        Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

MajinTony
                          Honorary DSA
                          • Aug 2005

Banana Peel for a decade? Ouch, did you ever get used to that?

Comment

MajinTony
                            Honorary DSA
                            • Aug 2005

Heh, I was looking at the Vancouver Canucks young talent trying to make the team. We drafted another Buckeye besides Umberger. A kid named Ryan Kessler.

You defiantely have a good program if the Canucks have scouts out there. :D

Comment

Phoenix
                              Honorary DSA

Nice. Damn Vancouver really knows how to draft em.

It is all John Markell. He knows that if you want true hockey talent, ya gotta go north. I figured out how to post my pics without making em 500 feet long, thanks to asome helpful DSA advice. I will post some pick of my super mullet.

Not quite Jagr mullet, but damn close.
                              Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...