X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MajinTony
    Honorary DSA
    • Aug 2005

T00L Concert

Overall the show last night was freaking awesomel. They had a laser show like Pink Floyd, the entire stage was illuminated white. They kept showing trippy imagery on the floors and walls. It kind of reminded me of that sabbath show on bbc with the trippy back ground. You OLd timers proabably know what I'm talking about. Visually the show was proabably the best I've ever seen.

Musically, they tore it up also. Although they could have standed to play a little more older material. Other than sober, everything was from AEnema and beyond. Thats not a bad thing though. All those cats are fantastic musicians. Watching Dany Carey give a drumming clinic was definately an honor for me.

The only thing that urked me, now maybe Spock or Taco can back me up on this, was Maynard talking shit to the very few people moshing. I've been to T00L shows before so I know that moshing is frowned upon by the band and most fans. But for the OLd school T00L fans who actually listen to metal, its a compliment.

Quote from Maynard:

"What are you guys playing rugby out there? Or do you just like touching other sweaty men? C'mon guys they're just rock songs."

As a long time concert go-er and person who mosh's, I found that very insulting. If your music makes people express themselves in a physical manner, and that makes you angry, just ignore it. Don't talk shit to your fans!!

Other than that I thought it was a fantastic show!! One of the best stage shows I've ever seen.!!

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR
    Whiskers
    Civilian
    • Aug 2006

dude, tool rocks! their new disc is freakin awesome!! i noticed no one commented here on this so i gotta put my 2 cents in. i would LOVE to see them in concert. That rocks Majin!!!

Comment

EVILMRSPOCK
      Honorary DSA

to mosh or not to mosh

I guess what Maynard was trying to get across is that the songs inspiration goes deeper than the typical mosh-to song. I mean listen to the lyrics man, they are truly deep in content. Not to say that moshing is bad, but there is a time and place to fart in the elevator.

Anyway, that's what SLAYER is for

It's the dawn of a new musical era General, it's all changing, for better or worse it's going to keep changing. I for one will save my need to mosh for harder bands and be content in using the Maynard induced hip-wiggle/head-bob tactic for TOOL; Pretend you are week in the knees while attempting to stir a big cauldron of TOOL gruel.

Angels on the sidelines, again. Now where the hell did I put my club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LnKrgSqDg The Pot
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hii17sjSwfA Vicarious
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOykVwFDEkw Right In Two
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJAfbiRX7s Rosetta Stoned

Comment

MajinTony
        Honorary DSA
        • Aug 2005

Spock, as always, I appreciate your insight. Indeed T00L's songs deserve's a deeper appreciation than typical moshing. As I have grown as a fan of music as a whole, I have grown with the band. I'm aware of T00L's distain for moshing, hence I bought a seat, not GA. Hence I didn't go in "typical Tony form" for this show, you know what I'm talking about Spock.

Just for the folks that DO own Opiate, and DID discover them at an OZZFEST, their 14 years of loyalty doesn't need to be insulted.

Once again spock, I appreciate it. You and I have pretty much view music from the same angle. I think thats why It seems like I've known you for longer than actual chronology allows.

P.S. That wiggle thing that Maynard does reminds me of the axle wiggle, but with terrettes syndrome.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...