X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Appo
    Civilian
    • May 2006

Steve Irwin Dead

Just to let you all know, steve irwin died today in the making of his new show. :( some of you may already know or not know that but i know that he will be missed.

Appo
    Civilian
    • May 2006

you can read the report here.

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

Comment

EliteTrooper
      Civilian
      • Jul 2006

poor steve . I still think he was a little crazy tohugh...Crikey a rotted out log! Lets stick are hands in and find out if anything in theres venomous! Oi mates I just got bit by a rattla! I gots 5 seconds to live :D (see? crazy 8) )

Comment

Dioxin
        Honorary DSA

yes, it's incredibly tragic. He got killed by a stingray of all things! The species that got him have only killed 17 people ever. Three deaths were more rapid and the rest were due to complications of the venom in the barb. He had no chance of fighting off the venom, as the 10" barb HAPPENED to pierce right through his heart.

He will be missed by many, including his two children. :(
        "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

MajinTony
          Honorary DSA
          • Aug 2005

This is a Rare tragedy as Dioxin said, only 18 now, have died since 1860. So it was rare, but come on, no one is surprised by this anywhere I don't think. I'm sure everyone in the world including those close to him figured he would go out like that some day.

Just like Grizzly man.

At least Steve Irwin didn't get eaten alive by a bear.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

Dioxin
            Honorary DSA

tony, I've discussed irwin and the grizzly man on another board. The grizzly man thought that he was friends with all of the animals. A lot of experts have associated his behaviors with those seen by criminals who want "death by officer". Those that don't really want to commit suicide, but don't really want to live. The grizzly man was slightly delusional. There's a very good video documentary from what I understand, but I have not seen it. I'll try to catch it on netflix I guess. Irwin understood the risks he faced every day. He owned up to them, seeing as how he had safety protocols in place at every level within his zoo.

A side note to the grizzly guy... all of the bears that he "befriended" ended up having to be hunted down and killed. People thought they were a danger to the public and I agree. It's ironic that the animals he loved so much were killed by his own actions. I see his education of working with the public as reverse... almost an uneducation. People were not able to learn from him the same way we can now learn from Irwin.
            "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Prozzak
              Civilian
              • Aug 2006

Wow, really? The bears had to be hunted down? wow... stupid grizzly b@$t@rd. lol. Well, let that be a lesson to you: don't trust bears. Stephen Colbert knows what I'm talking about.
              ~!~ Masta of teh Blasta ~@~

Comment

MajinTony
                Honorary DSA
                • Aug 2005

LMFAO!!! Colbert was way ahead of the anti-bear craze. Shoot he pioneered it!!!!

I have seen the Timothy Treadwell, aka: Grizzly Man documentary. He was a very troubled man. Failure as an actor, drug addiction, failure with women, he had said he wished he was gay and that it was a shame he wasn't. The guy was deeply depressed. That in combination with an obsession with bears led him to an unstable mindset. He wanted to be a bear, or to be killed by one trying.

Grizzly Man had his camera recording but with the lens cap on at the time of his death. When the bear was eating him, and his reluctant GF was trying to beat the bear with a frying pan......The Grizzly Man told her to stop hurting the bear.

Timmy Treadwell was a nutcase who got his wish. Steve Irwin was a professional who pushed his limits too far. I shall mourne neither of these men.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

THeDRiZZLe
                  Honorary DSA
                  • Nov 2005

...a buddy of mine is already planning his Croc Hunter costume for Halloween, with khakis and chest wound and all. His girlfriend is going to try to make a sting ray costume!

Comment

MajinTony
                    Honorary DSA
                    • Aug 2005

LOL Drizzle!! A couple years ago my friend was Roy Horn and he attached a tiger to his neck with blood all over his neck.

Comment

THeDRiZZLe
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Nov 2005

...my buddy won the contest at the bar last year, he came as a x-mas tree, wore a tree skirt for a dress, black turleneck with x-mas lights pinned to it and a 100 ft extension cord and an angel tied to the top of his head. Only problem was drunks tripping over the cord and his lights going out! Once he broke the seal it wa a bitch because we had to gather up his cord everytime he took a leak! :?

Comment

UncleRico
                        Civilian
                        • Jun 2006

Yeah I was really in shock after I heard this...He's the guy who got me interested in animals in general, and now I'm like the school animal guru and headed toward a career in zoology. I am involved in the snake keeping community, and somewhat the venemous snake community, and yes everyone there thought he was a bit...umm...different....ok nuts..in the way he handled snakes without a hook, tongs, or even a pinner...but you gotta respect the guy for just the sheer number of people he inspired and taught about animals. Great guy altough a tad unorthodox...My heart really goes out to the family...
                        UncleRico

sigpic
                        I like cookies. You like cookies? You no like cookies? I put rebel scum in your cookies...

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                        Working...