X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goliath
    Civilian
    • Jul 2006

PS2 Problems

Hey guys, My PS2 crashed the other day and I have not been able to play SWBF2. I'll try and get it repaired, but in the meantime I'll have to wait before I can play again. I just thought I should let you all know that.

--- [Tk313] Goliath ---

THeDRiZZLe
    Honorary DSA
    • Nov 2005

...What is happening when you try to get a game started? Is it giving you a disk read error or is just nothing happening?

Comment

Goliath
      Civilian
      • Jul 2006

It's giving me a disk read error for every disk I feed it.

:?

--- [Tk313]Goliath ---

Comment

Zabka
        Imperial Guard
        • Nov 2004
        • DSA Zabka

If it is the old PS2, you can find sources on the net that teach you how to dismantle the PS2 (carefully) and adjust the laser angle. This is what I did to my old one before it just died on me. But it can give you a couple more months of life. The disk read error is most likely because the angle of the laser has been thrown off. it is very simple to do and just requires a phillips head screwdriver, teh directions, and space to work. Be careful pulling the cover off the thing though--there is a thin ribbon that connects to the reset and eject button that is easily pulled out. I pulled it out and it was a pain getting it back in.
        You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

MajinTony
          Honorary DSA
          • Aug 2005

If you don't feel comfortable with pulling apart your ps2, you can send it to sony and they will fix it for free. This was an OLd recall that was very common with the first fat ps2 (the one with s-link, and not the IR sensor). If you call the number on the box, they'll tell you where to send it.

Or see if you can score a used slim ps2. They're $100 new, used should be like $75 or so. Trade some OLd systems/games in if you're short on cash.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

THeDRiZZLe
            Honorary DSA
            • Nov 2005

...when my old one started doing that, I took it apart very carefully, cleaned the lens with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and then you have to adjsut the little geared disc, move it a knotch and then try loading a game, keep moving the gear a tick and try loading the game again, once you find the one that works without skipping close it back up.

Comment

Goliath
              Civilian
              • Jul 2006

hey guys, PS2 fixed, I'll be back online tommorrow. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I just went ahead and got another one. See you all again tommorrow!!!!

- Now I can murder again....

--- [Tk313] Goliath ---

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...