• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

router suggestions.

It appears that the Netgear WGT624 v3 router that I bought (and has subsequently been replaced by the company for a new one to no avail) does not support voice over games very well. That is why my mic has issues even when directly connecting to the router instead of wirelessly. I have spent countless hours on this with tech support and am now getting Level 3 help, but have found some forum posts in other forums complaining about the same thing with this router.

Anybody have a suggestion for a good, dependable wireless G router (super G or better if possible) that definitely supports SWBF2 and Socom3 voice?
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]
    norm
    Imperial Guard
    • Jun 2006
    • DSA norm

I have a Linksys wireless router that is (knock on wood) very good.

Commerce Cloud Storefront Reference Architecture

there is the link for it. it is a good little router and you can flash it later on and make the signal stronger and what not. works well with the Linksys game adaptor I have. Only bit of warning is stay away from Version 5.1 of the router, those were know to have bugs.

Comment

MajinTony
      Honorary DSA
      • Aug 2005

I like Norman have a wireless linksys router. Now I don't know about Norman, but I directly plug in with a CAT 5. But then again I can hear people wirelessly on my PSP playing fireteam bravo. So you should be alright wirelessly. I can usually hear everyone just fine, and that goes for the people that others never hear. Like Corp and yourself.

Vote #2 for Linksys

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

Steven
        Civilian
        • Jun 2006

I have my PS2 on the same router norm mentioned but it's connected into one of the ports. (in other words, not wirelessly) I don't know if my post helps you very much but I don't experience much slow-down when I'm connected with multiple computers and my PS2.
        sigpic

Comment

Steven
          Civilian
          • Jun 2006

I moved my PS2 into my room and got the linksys game adapter, haven't experienced any problems so far.
          sigpic

Comment

sig
            Civilian
            • Jun 2006

re

I recommend you look at this site.

If you dont use wireless and at then i recommend you go to consumer reports and see whats the best. I use (always will) Belking, but i had bad experiences with linksys. More info in the tech center.
            Thanks
            Sig

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...