• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PizzaTheHut
    Civilian
    • Sep 2006

firefights

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:09 am Post subject: Fire Fights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what are the fire fights for what xactly do they mean?
    Dioxin
    Honorary DSA

The firefight servers? Here's an explanation:

Servers crash with AI + Lots of players. So the main DSA server was converted into a no AI server. Since people like playing with AI on, DSA made 2 firefight servers with limited human players and lots of AI.

On a related topic, I'm getting severe freezes while playing one specific map on the firefight servers. It's always right after Corsucant, but I forget the planet name (you know, the one where all the clones were produced). It's on the tip of my tongue.

You don't get a drop from host... the screen freezes and the sounds keep going. This doesn't just happen to me. I was fighting with other squad 1 members and it happened a week ago. Also, it happens if I'm the only one playing or if others are in the map.

Since this is probably some kind of server/software interaction glitch, I'd suggest the possibility of dropping this map from the firefight servers. It's a great map, but you have to restart your ps2 and then rejoin the game to play it.
    "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

TriPP
      Civilian
      • Jun 2006

i think kamino is what you're referring to dioxin.
      Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

Dioxin
        Honorary DSA

lol. yeah. thanks Tripp. Kamino. Interestingly, it is the one map NOT available in the maps/guides link for BF2 on the left hand side of the page.

but anyway, yes, Kamino makes your screen freeze about 2 minutes into it.

Comment

Tomahawk
          Imperial Guard
          • Feb 2006

Funny I have never frozen on Kamino. God I love that map. Set my kills record on it. 127 kills no deaths.

Comment

Dioxin
            Honorary DSA

yes, it's a really fun map. This problem emerged about a week ago. I think we were getting ready for the squad scrimage. Before that, it never occurred. I don't know exactly what is going on.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...