Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIST
    Civilian

Skip Dr.?

if this is what you have then please give me your opinion on it, because from reading the Amazon.com reviews ( http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Innova...&s=electronics ) they seem pretty sketchy and that it is either amazing or pieces of shit, and if you think it would be better to get the motorized one rather than the manual on thanks. Or if you have another product that you would reccommend please tell me what it is.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"
    Rdaug27
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

Christ, I have the motorized one. I was reluctant to use it on my ps2 game, but with the game play so bad, and so many hang ups, I gave it a try. It worked fine for me, but thats just my personal experience. I did have the manual one and used it on a dvd, and my player couldn't read it. It was an old dvd player, which might have been the problem. I think it might make your hardware think, that you are using a burned disk....therefore my old dvd player wouldn't work cause it couldn't read burned discs, not even burned audio cds. I was afraid using it on my ps2 game would make it think I was using a burned disk, which of course you would need to hack your ps2, or buy a load disk to use.

Anyway that's my personal experience using these machines, if its just one or two games you need it for, it might be cheaper to just replace the game, cause I know the motorized one is kinda expensive. :?: :? :?:
    sigpic

Comment

RaTix
      Emperor

I used to have that exact one in the link. DO NOT BE FOOLED!!! It is the biggest POS I have ever had the displeasure of using. I think it did more harm then good. Besides your arm falling off from cranking, It leaves nice little scratch/streak marks from center outwards. Maybe the motorized one works btter, but this one was complete garbage. I am pretty sure I threw mine out a long time ago.

My suggestion, If you have an EB Games near you, buy a game with the 1yr replacement option. Its like $5 but well worth it. Every 10-11 months just return the game, damaged or not, and you get a nice fresh disc for $5. Just be sure to buy another $5 insurance on the new one. (I ruin discs with my anger).
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

i have no opinions about this device i would however like to share a website with you called

tinyurl.com

it's a great site when you have long links that disrupt the way a page usually looks

here is the same site put through the tinyurl treatment

Comment

Dioxin
          Honorary DSA

Christ, Disk Doctor is what everyone uses when they want the job done right. The thing is magic. People use this when burning movies from dvd (legal one copy backups of movies currently owned of course). Even though the disk doctor leaves little circular scratches, the burns come out perfectly. I emphasize this so much because when burning a movie, any little scratch or imperfection that wouldn't even be noticed on a dvd player can really mess up a burn.

Ratix, the little swirls on the disk doctor at least are normal. Even though it looks like crap, it works! (again, on disk doctor).
          "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Rdaug27
            Civilian
            • Jun 2006

This is the one I have. I have used it on several movies, and 2 of my games. (of course i dont have many games) http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4062503
            sigpic

Comment

RaTix
              Emperor

Disk DR is deffinatly a whole better then skip dr. They both buff differently, DiskDr goes circular, where the SkipDr goes straight from center of disk outwards. SkipDr is cheap and it shows. You get what you pay for lol.
              "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
              ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

CHRIST
                Civilian

Dioxin if you could please post a link to what you have that would be great, I have tried looking for it online but had no luck.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Dioxin
                  Honorary DSA

Christ, I'm pretty sure this is the page you need.

I don't actually own it. Just reflecting the praise I hear all the time on afterdawn.com. The amherst library also uses it with great effects, not that I've ever copied movies from there or anything.
                  "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...