X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THeDRiZZLe
    Honorary DSA
    • Nov 2005

Regents Theme Video?

I think I found Regent's theme video!!!! For those younger folks out there, the Animals were a band in the sixties who did a song called "We gotta get out of this place" which became a major theme song for the Vietnam war. The GI's drinking in bars in Saigon used to go nuts when this song was played standing on tables and screaming at the top of their lungs "WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS @#$%&ING PLACE!!!!!!!!"

For those who have seen Hamburger Hill (one of the best Vietnam movies ever made in my opinion), it's the song they play as they fly in to the A Shau Valley the first day of the battle to take Dong Ap Bia. for those who have not seen this movie, it is by far the most graphic and realistic, it is the only Vietnam movie that is truly based on first hand accounts and actual events besdies the recent We Were Soldiers.

A Star Wars music video using clips from Eps. I-II and IV-VI, featuring "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" by The Animals

This is just a funny video I found on Youtube using Star Wars clips to the Animals...as soon as I saw it I thought of Regent sitting over in Afghanistan while we sit here drinking and playing vids all night long!

So everyone raise a glass to Regent! Scotch preferably! 8)

May you get out of that place...if it's the last thing you ever do!!!!

Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

nice find. the animals put out some good stuff.
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

THeDRiZZLe
      Honorary DSA
      • Nov 2005

I just dig the way the guy edited it so that you got every escape scene during every Star Wars movie during the choruses!

Comment

CHRIST
        Civilian

I didnt even realize that I have heard that song a lot of times on the radio, the song's good too.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

RegentOne
          Imperial Advisor

Excellent Vid and song find Drizzle! It sure did hit the nail right on the head with the wording. Man, that is an old song I've long forgotten but fits perfect for me. I really can't wait to get out of this place. Thanks again and have a glass of scotch for me.
          "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
          {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...