X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    LordCompulon
    Imperial Advisor
    • Feb 2005
    • DSA Comp

Ya'll listen to pop music...its funny hearing people argue whether their pop music is better than another's. Wanna open your mind? Put any of this stuff in yer pipe and smoke it!

Grateful Dead
    Phish
    Allman Brothers Band
    String Cheese Incident
    Steve Kimock Band
    Umphrees McGee
    Animal Liberation Orchestra
    Leftover Salmon
    Yonder Mountain String Band
    Railroad Earth
    New Monsoon
    Hot Buttered Rum String Band
    Moe
    Widespread Panic
    Blue Turtle Seduction
    Dark Star Orchestra
    Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
    Garaj Mahal
    Raq
    Tea Leaf Green
    Destroy Everything

sigpic

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by LordCompulon
      Ya'll listen to pop music...its funny hearing people argue whether their pop music is better than another. Wanna open your mind? Put any of this stuff in yer pipe and smoke it!

Grateful Dead
      Phish
      Allman Brothers Band
      String Cheese Incident
      Steve Kimock Band
      Umphrees McGee
      Animal Liberation Orchestra
      Leftover Salmon
      Yonder Mountain String Band
      Railroad Earth
      New Monsoon
      Hot Buttered Rum String Band
      Moe
      Widespread Panic
      Blue Turtle Seduction
      Dark Star Orchestra
      Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
      Garaj Mahal
      Raq
      Tea Leaf Green
      I like the Dead, Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Never got into Phish or String Cheese Incident. Don't know much about the other bands.

I am actually still stuck in the 80s/90s musically. Old REM, Hoodoo Gurus, the Connells, Emmet Swimming, Jane's Addiction, Beastie Boys, The Cult, Social Distortion, the Ramones, The Godfathers, Robyn Hitchock, Candyskins, Kitchens of Distinction, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Live, Guadalcanal Diary, Aztec Camera, the Police, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Housemartins, the Smiths, the Call, the Church, etc. Those were the bands that defined my youth in addition to classic stuff.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

CHRIST
        Civilian

chili peppers
        rush

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

SithWarrior
          Civilian
          • Mar 2006

Reaver there not Canadian groups, They are all from America

N.W.A

Public Enemy

^click on the names to go to the site that tells you there from America!!!

(p.s Comp I have never heard those bands/groups before?

Comment

Rdaug27
            Civilian
            • Jun 2006

Holy shit I thought no one else had even heard of Toad the Wet Sprocket!!!! 8O I love those guys lol.
            sigpic

Comment

Reaver
              Imperial Advisor

Rush kicks ass!!!!!

When I started my drumming lessons a while back my dad brought home a video of rush. And there drummer kicks ass!
              " I need a beer "

Comment

LordCompulon
                Imperial Advisor
                • Feb 2005
                • DSA Comp

When I was in high school two friends and I did Rush for the Senior "Airband" concert, which was where everyone did lipsync performances of their favorite bands...I had a long black wig, a pelt vest, and a big plastic nose for my Geddy Lee outfit. We did Spirit of Radio from Permanent Waves. There exists a video somewhere in the dark depths of my storage unit.

Oh...the humility
                Destroy Everything

sigpic

Comment

norm
                  Imperial Guard
                  • Jun 2006
                  • DSA norm

For the love of God Reaver.

And who was it that said Pantera was Pop? I should kick your ass for saying that.

Comp you're killing me with the hippie jam band music.

Finally someone said the Smiths. Girlfriend in a Coma is a great song.

I've always been a big believer in knowing the roots of the music you listen to. Take rap, you have Flash and Herc in the 70's pulling from the funk, jazz and spoken word poetry from the generations before.l This was something they did because they didn't like Disco at the time and were looking for something that got them moving, was fun and you could dance to. It's evolved and splintered from these same roots into the different forms that you have today.

Rock, when do you think that started? Most people don't realize that is started as early as the 40's by combining Jazz, Blues and County Western music together. It's gone from Sister Rosetta, Bo and Elvis on into the many factions you have today.

It's always funny to me how people will say "I love X music, but not Y" When the truth of the matter is without they Y would wouldn't have the X.

Comment

Reaver
                    Imperial Advisor

....Damn hill-billy's
                    " I need a beer "

Comment

Zabka
                      Imperial Guard
                      • Nov 2004
                      • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by Reaver
                      Rush kicks ass!!!!!

When I started my drumming lessons a while back my dad brought home a video of rush. And there drummer kicks ass!
                      Ummmm....Reaver. Rush is a Canadian band. hence Geddy Lee doing "Take Off" with Bob and Doug McKenzie.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Zabka
                        Imperial Guard
                        • Nov 2004
                        • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by Rdaug27
                        Holy shit I thought no one else had even heard of Toad the Wet Sprocket!!!! 8O I love those guys lol.
                        They put on such a good live show. They broke up a few years back, but had so many good albums. The last time I saw them was in NYC, at Roseland (a very famous live music venue) where Rusted Root and Live opened up for them. During the set (early 90's), Hootie and the Blowfish was just coming onto the scene and was doing letterman which is like 2 blocks away. so they came on stage and did a couple of Toad covers with Toad. Darrius Rucker's voice contrasted so well with the band, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Rdaug27
                          Civilian
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by norm
                          It's always funny to me how people will say "I love X music, but not Y" When the truth of the matter is without they Y would wouldn't have the X.
                          Sounds like some high school math crap. 8O There are a lot of good songs out there from all kinds of artists so how can you choose one over the other? Listen to ALL of it and learn some appreciation for the music. I love music so much and have some crazy tastes. I can listen to some Holst and turn around and listen to sing along to some Tool lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

Reaver
                            Imperial Advisor

Yes Zabka I did know that but they are a kick ass band.
                            " I need a beer "

Comment

Grejo
                              Civilian
                              • Jul 2006

i love NWA and Biggy.

I mainly listen to R&B and Hip Hop. some rap, some country, some heavy metal, some....non heavy metal, and others as well.

I like all kinds of music except a lot of oldies......i just can't get into that for some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me. :?

Comment

Zabka
                                Imperial Guard
                                • Nov 2004
                                • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by Reaver
                                Well Im sorry if I dont listen to canadian music. I have heard of a few of them, but I just wasn't in canada long enought to know who they are.
                                Rush kicks ass!!!!!
                                Anybody else see the contradiction?

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...