• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

Why do you love Star Wars..?

Is it the story, or something else..?

Opinions by 501st. members and members of the *scoff* Rebel legion:

A simple question posed at Star Wars Celebration 2 in Indianapolis.

For myself, back in 1977, there was a new movie that came out that was getting HUGE reviews, so my mother and father took me to see it.

And it blew us away. After the opening scene where a HUGE Star Destroyer went past endlessly on the screen, I was hooked.

Never before in Sci-Fi had we seen anything so impressive. The story waas new, yet old. The endless battle between good VS evil. But yet both sides were sooooo cool. The "good" guys fighting for freedom, yet the "bad" guys looked so awesome also.

I think it goes back to childhood also.

In my case, my father and myself had a very rocky relationship. He didn't like me, and I certainly didn't like him. But that Christmas in '77 he did something I'd never see him do before. He actually bought me the two record set of the original Star Wars soundtrack, because he knew I loved it. I still have it to this day.

It was probably the only thoughtful thing he ever did for me in his entire life.

Which of course brings meaning.

And I met my future wife to be in the Star Wars Chat room in yahoo, the very first day she came online. And she has been a blessing in my life every day since then. I truly don't know how I'd live without her now.

She was the one that talked me into getting my Trooper Armor, and suprised me one Christmas with my TIE chest box and armor.

Star Wars isn't just a movie. It truly is magic. In so many ways.

sigpic

Ad

Collapse
Working...