Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIST
    Civilian

Force Unleased for PS2?

at the bottom left of the page it says that for the PS2 its being developed by Krome studios instead of Lucasarts, it also says that availability is to be determined. If I am correct and it is being developed by a different place it better still have that new engine thats supposed to make everything react in a unique way depending on what it is.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"
    Rdaug27
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

Yeah I remember seeing that it was coming out on multiple platforms. Makes the SWBF3 rumor seem wrong.
    sigpic

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Different game, different developer. there was a time that I thought it was a PS3 exclusive. I was surprised to see it go multiplatform.

But what happens on Force Unleashed has nothing to do with SWBF3. If it is Free Radical doing it, it will likely be a very good shooter. As to whether it will be exclusive, I couldn't say. After all, SWBF1 and2 were multiplatform---but Knight of the Old Republic was xbox exclusive (and almost all the other star wars titles on the last gen were complete crap so who cared what platform they were on?). I would have thought a game like KOTOR would have done really well on PS2, but it never got made. Clearly there are economic factors that aren't clear to the public.

I still think SWBF will be multiplatform--unless a lot more development has been done than we know about--since it will likely not be around for a couple years--by which time the PS3 should have a good installed base. But if they are developing now---then perhaps it will be exclusive until the PS3 is more mature.

I don't know the terms of the deal between LA and FR, but as I would guess that there is a license fee that is paid out by the developer to Lucas Arts for access to the intellectual property as well as having LA act as its publisher. Part of this license deal probably includes royalties on sales. Whether or not the specifics of platforms are stipulated are probably on a deal by deal basis and I am not sure if the publisher or the developer pays the license to the console manufacturer.

One of the things I find interesting is that gamers who constantly opine about what games should be on what platforms rarely actually have much of an idea on the terms of the business arrangements behind them. That is pretty important stuff. I might research it some because I would be interested to know more myself.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Gino
        Civilian
        • Mar 2007
        • Gino31B

Currently force unleashed is to be released on 2/1/08 for XBOX 360 and PS3. There are no other Star Wars games to be released at this time including the much rumored SWBF3.
        sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...