Clear All
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

PS3 launch cost Kutaragi his job

PlayStation Creator Plans to Retire
    April 26, 2007 10:41 a.m.

Ken Kutaragi, creator of the PlayStation console, will retire from his post as Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s chairman and group CEO, effective June 19, Sony Corp. said. The announcement comes a few months after Sony said Mr. Kutaragi would give up oversight of day-to-day operations to focus on long-term issues such as the next console after PlayStation 3. Kazuo Hirai, who was appointed chief operating officer of the unit in December, will become CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment. Mr. Kutaragi will serve as honorary chairman of the unit and will support Sony Chief Executive Howard Stringer as senior technology adviser.
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]
    norm
    Imperial Guard
    • Jun 2006
    • DSA norm

Personally I don't think it was just him. With some of the comments he made before any of the systems came out, when the price was released and when the PS3 finally came out put him in the public so much that he became the obvious fall guy for Sony. If anything I hope that Sony changes its marketing and goes back to being more customer-centric. The same thing has just happened to Dell Computers with Micheal Dell coming back to running the day-to-day operations of his company. Dell used to have the highest customer rating out there, but became less focused with what the customer wanted/needed. This finally prompted Dell to come back. They are now starting to offer items that the customers demanded and I believe they are working on their phone support now.

Comment

FLATLINE
      Civilian
      • Dec 2006

Is it official now? Did he really lose his job with Sony? Last i heard it was a possibility but nothing was definete at that time?
      Momma always told me never put off tomorrow Stuff you can blow up today!!!!

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...