Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EagleOne
    Honorary DSA

Schools banning Ipods of cheating

First cell phone now this, there is no faith in kids anymore. Click the link:

Dioxin
    Honorary DSA

It's a good idea. It's so easy just to record voice memos on your mp3 players.
    "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

I disagree eagle. There have always been kids who looked for ways to cheat, and schools have always looked for ways to try to stifle it. Unless a true sense of an honor code is understood and enforced, cheating has to be limited by whatever means possible. It's a shame that most don't confront serious repercussions for cheating until college if even then.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Rdaug27
        Civilian
        • Jun 2006

I remember having a big Texas Instruments calculator that we had to have for an Algebra class. I found out that it had a memory in it and put a few formulas in it. Damn that was over 10 years ago now lol. I am torn on the math formulas. I mean if you are able to memorize it then your good, but in real life, who doesn't double check to make sure the formula is correct? Oh wait I know, NASA when they forgot to convert from the metric system and ended up waisting millions of dollars on a crashed ship. I think it was a Mars Rover or satellite mission, but regardless, their fucking rocket scientists and it should never have happened. I mean you still have to do the work by calculating the stuff out. Cheating is wrong I know, but in real life, in your job, when millions of dollars are riding on a calculation, when someones life is on the line, are you not gonna double check you calculations and formula to be sure?

Ban the Ipods. Ban them cause some kid who doesn't have one might get jealous and beat your ass, or kill you for it. Hey people used to kill for damn Air Jordans (those were shoes for you younger folks) and you think they won't kill you or beat you up for and Ipod or Zume?
        sigpic

Comment

Dioxin
          Honorary DSA

ok, I thought it was an mp3 player ban during exams. If a student really wants to hide one and sneak it in, they can still do it. A blanket ban seems a little stupid, but whatever. During exams, the ban is a great idea.
          "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...