• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

George Lucas disses Spiderman3 and talks about Star Wars

George Lucas at Time Magazine's 100 Most Influencial People dinner---from foxnews.com

But of course, we were most interested in talking with George Lucas, the affable genius film director who occasionally graces us in New York with an appearance. Lucas is absolutely one of my favorite people, a lovely guy who seems unaffected by his enormous success.

Lucas is currently preparing "Indiana Jones 4" with Harrison Ford, Blanchett and Shia LaBoeuf. The latter plays Ford's son, which means his mother was possibly the character Karen Allen played in "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

"I can't say," Lucas said when I brought up Allen.

Lucas says that Sean Connery still hasn't signed on, but his character, Indy's dad, is in the script. Other than that, his lips are sealed.

"Steven thinks we can keep the whole thing a secret," Lucas told me. "I explained to him that it's impossible nowadays. We can't live like that."

So then, tell me more about "Indy 4," I suggested.

"Oh no," replied Lucas with a smile.

Lucas told me he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light and Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was "Spider-Man 3." What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"

Well, it's not "Star Wars."

"People thought 'Star Wars' was silly, too," he added, with a wink. "But it wasn't."

Lucas, by the way, says he is readying "Clone Wars," an animated series for TV that's derived from "Star Wars." Many "Star Wars" characters appear in "Clone Wars," but voiced by other actors.

And here's a little news: Lucas tells me he will make two more live-action films based in the "Star Wars" era.

"But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu."

The two extra films will also be made for TV and probably be an hour long each. But, like "Clone Wars," Lucas doesn't know where on TV they will land.

Hello, HBO and Showtime. It may be time to pony up.
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]
    EagleOne
    Honorary DSA

I always wondered if Star Wars would be something HBO should be looking into. Maybe It would be a big hit with the HUGE fan base and cult following Star Wars has, and yeah George really is level headed and down to earth for the amount of success he has acheived. Where would be all be without Star Wars (as in no DSA ha ha.)?

Comment

Gino
      Civilian
      • Mar 2007
      • Gino31B

George is right. So Christ don't see the movie. You are wasting time and money like I said before
      sigpic

Comment

SG-17
        Civilian
        • Apr 2007
        • SG-17

Two more movies! So episodes 7 & 8, or 3.5 & 7, or something else?
        Formerly played with <?>, {SOR}, {LOE}, -MERC-, and {JSA}. Now a member of {SoF}.

Come visit the new and improved ! We will be hosting clan matches for the new game on PS4, XB1, and PC.

Comment

ZEZEEMAYO
          Civilian
          • Mar 2007

Re: George Lucas disses Spiderman3 and talks about Star Wars

Originally posted by Zabka
          "But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu."
          Thats good news it would be a bit upsetting if the new films were around a Skywalker again.
          ZZ Caps
          sigpic

Comment

CHRIST
            Civilian

Originally posted by Gino
            George is right. So Christ don't see the movie. You are wasting time and money like I said before
            oh well i still will, i gotta see it for myself

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Gino
              Civilian
              • Mar 2007
              • Gino31B

Well wait for budget then, you'll won't feel so scammed then by the "hype". And save enough money for a six pack.
              sigpic

Comment

R2D2
                Civilian
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Gino
                I have no idea what your talking about Spider-man3 was grate.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...