• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by RIZZO
    Also in case anyone is wondering about purchasing the warranty...Heres something that i found out today. It only works ONCE! How retarded is that? What this means is that i had to spend another freaking $50 just to buy another warranty.
    Ummm...Rizzo, that is just the EB warranty, not the MSFT warranty. That is if you want to be able to bring the box back to EB for a new 360. Otherwise, you still get 3 years on your 360 from MSFT--but instead of walking into a store and picking up a new one, you have to wait for the box and mail yours in and they send you a refurb.

I have the GS one (same as EB since it is the same company), and found out that Best Buy has a better deal where they don't limit returns to once. I don't think the EB one is really worth it (although since you are modding, it probably is) for anybody who is not voiding their warranty normally. But for anybody else, I wouldn't get the 360 at GS or EB if you want to buy a store warranty. Regardless, you still get THREE years on MSFT.
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• RIZZO
      Honorary DSA
      • Jun 2005
      • RiZZo0

Hey Ratix believe me, i wouldn't be surprised. I mean honestly when i brought mines in, i didn't even see the guy turn it on. All he did was take my console out of the box, called up microsoft to verify my warranty and then gave them my info like Name, addy, serial number.

Hey Zabka your right about that whole MSFT one, except that warranty cant be touched by me because i have read about a bunch of people sending in their modded consoles and getting it returned to them with a little paper inside of the box for a bill of return shipping.

Once MSFT sees that your system is modded they don't even bother but i have heard on occasion they have managed to let some systems slip by them and people have gotten new ones in return.

Now as far as the GS version, your absolutly right. IT sucks, but then i think to myself hey i did it once, i can prolly slip by them again. lol I mean honestly its always some young teenagers who work in there that dont give a dam if you dropped it off a building. They just go in the back, grab one off the shelf and voila your back in business.

I'm not gonna lie though, i was kinda nervous that they were gonna check my box because not only did i remove the warranty seal on opening the case, i also forgot to put some parts back inside of the motherboard..Hahaha Aww well all they seen was red rings right? Thats all they need to know. :D

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎