X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grejo
    Civilian
    • Jul 2006

Spiral Frog

So my cousin found this site called Spiralfrog.com and it's another free music downloader.

it's free to register and download the dl manager and then after that you can search by artist, genre, albums and stuff and you can even download a whole album at a time.

but i was wondering. is this like limewire where you could seriously get into trouble? because it does let you download it for free but it has a lot of different things that limewire doesn't and you don't share songs and downloads like on limewire.
    AndyPants
    Civilian
    • Oct 2004
    • Pants9000

The current climate seems to be the music industry going after people making music available for download. So if you rip a CD and post it on a site (although it might not be active sharing) you can be liable for pirating the music. I can't comprehend any legal argument against dl'ing and not sharing the music that would put you in that much hot water.

There is a case going on now that is said to be benchmarking the actual amount that record labels can get for a single album put online. The referencing story stated that the outcome of this case could make it apparent that there is little money at stake in these suits and that we might see an end to record companies taking legal actions of these types against average sharers of music.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that often it is the record companies interests at stake and not the artists as artists are often lured into contracts that commit them to x number of songs and create a situation where artists are theoretically in debt to a label.

Point is, feel free to steal from the Sonys, Virgins, and BMGs (f those guys) of the world but think twice about stealing the independent labels.

On second thought, share it all. Artists tend to make more money from touring than from album sales. Wide spread listening = popularity = tours = money. So go help an artist and pirate their music!!!!

Comment

Ad

Collapse
    Working...