Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Star Wars TV Series

LOS ANGELES — The Force may soon be coming to a television near you.

George Lucas said Tuesday he is planning a live-action television series spinoff of the "Star Wars" film franchise. Lucas told The Los Angeles Times he has "just begun work" on the series, which will not include the films' major characters Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader.

"The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters," Lucas told the Times.

Lucas would not reveal details, but joked that the series would be about "the life of robots."

Lucas already has another television series in the works. Lucas Animation has been working for months on the computer-animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
    Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

I hope they get real writers and directors for this show....or it will continue the trend of Lucas Arts suckage. The animated shorts for the Clone Wars are the best Star Wars thing they have done since Episode 5.
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Rdaug27
      Civilian
      • Jun 2006

Yeah I must say I rather enjoyed the Cartoon Network Clone Wars. Mace was a BMF in there. Just crushing the droids with the force. Sweet.
      sigpic

Comment

SPIKE
        Civilian
        • Apr 2007

OH they better do Kit Fisto
        sigpic
        Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492

Comment

MajinTony
          Honorary DSA
          • Aug 2005

I too love the animated clone wars, and would love to see them elaborate on the clone wars. There is enough material there for as many shows as they want.

I've been hearing rumors of a live show for sometime now and I for one am glad they're not going to mess with any of the main characters. Hopefully they'll be different stoires of characters each week that tie into the greater scheme of things. Kinda like the "Tales from the Cantina/jabba's palace/bounty hunter's" books.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

Zabka
            Imperial Guard
            • Nov 2004
            • DSA Zabka

What if it is tales from the seas of Naboo or forests of Endor? Actually, they did an Ewok television show a long time ago. It was a kids show on during the Wonderful World of Disney time slot. *shudder*
            You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

MajinTony
              Honorary DSA
              • Aug 2005

Don't forget their 2 movies (although I like Battle for Endor). Yeah gungan or ewok tales would suck, but I could totally see it happening. I could get into tales of the tusken raiders, or even jawas though.

Here's a good idea for an episode. Dr. Evazan and Ponda Paba. Explain what he did to get the death sentence on 12 systems and that blaster disfiguration on his face.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

R2D2
                Civilian
                • Mar 2006

Easy he just showed up. They thought he was ugly as hell so they gave him the death sentence.

Comment

ROGUE_LEADER
                  Civilian
                  • Sep 2006

So you think that would be the third installment of the clonewars series?
                  The difference between freind and foe is only an e-mail away.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...