Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    SPIKE
    Civilian
    • Apr 2007

So once I get my 360 I put Dsa on my tag?
    sigpic
    Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492

Comment

Dioxin
      Honorary DSA

Originally posted by Tomahawk
      but if you are DSA, and I still think you are,

Word to yo moms.

I'll let people know when I'm up and running. It looks like my only days off are on ps2 nights. haha... the irony.

Oh well. I still have a lot of fun playing socom. Less playing swbf2.
      "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Tomahawk
        Imperial Guard
        • Feb 2006

Spike - I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I have no idea who you are. I have a fairly decent comprehension of who's in the DSA and I don't believe you are. So unless you tryout for the clan and pass, I would appreciate you not using the clan tags.

Comment

SPIKE
          Civilian
          • Apr 2007

I dont know you very well either Tomahawk so were even...

and I guess there desiding weither or not I get a try out or just putting me on hold to test me to see If Ill get impatient >.<
          sigpic

Comment

RegentOne
            Imperial Advisor

I can answer the question for you Tom. Spike is not a DSA member. He has been attempting to get a tryout for some time now. No decision has been made to grant Spike a tryout to date.

Spike, I know you have been informed of your tryout status as being on hold. I have read the forums concerning your requests. Please do not insinuate that you are a member of DSA until you have had a tryout by a Council member with DSA Officer’s present and have been instated as a recruit. DSA tags on XBOX 360 are reserved for folks that have passed a tryout and been informed of such.
            "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
            {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

SPIKE
              Civilian
              • Apr 2007

I know what you mean Regent and I know Im not a member and I have a good Idea of whats going on But like they say It never hurts to ask :D
              sigpic

Comment

Dioxin
                Honorary DSA

Bah... now I'm going back and forth between gears of war and halo 3... I don't know which one to get!!

Comment

CHRIST
                  Civilian

Halo, so the western New Yorkers can game together......I guess you can buy a used version of Gears. lol have you played both of them?

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

TriPP
                    Civilian
                    • Jun 2006

gears has the most activity (clan matches, dsa playing together at times other than the once a week practice, etc) among dsa members.

halo 3 is a newer division, so no clan matches and u just don't see a group of dsa playing halo 3 together outside of practice with the frequency u do on gears.
                    Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

Zabka
                      Imperial Guard
                      • Nov 2004
                      • DSA Zabka

To be honest, I think you will get more milage out of Halo3. But I don't think you should miss out on the Gears experience as it really was the original game that set the 360 apart. The only reason why I don't play Gears all that much is that I feel like I overplayed it to start with and then stopped playing so now my skills are too low....I also find that the 4v4 multiplayer gets repetitive. The co-op Campaign serious kicks ass though. See if you can try to buy both of them.

You will find that we can easily get 4-8 into Halo3 at any given time. On gears you have a handful of guys who are always up for playing: Tripp, Regent, SithWarrior, Scarecrow, Tomahawk. Halo3 probably has a wider audience.

Renting/buying used is a good option for both of them to be honest.

COD4 might be the best shooter out there though. But it isn't a DSA division, just some of us have it. But it is quite a remarkable game.
                      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

TriPP
                        Civilian
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Zabka
                        You will find that we can easily get 4-8 into Halo3 at any given time.
                        u drinking zab, ha? dioxin, just ask christ & taco how many times they've played halo 3 with 4-8 dsa when it wasn't a practice night, i bet it's far less than all the time (any given time).

Comment

Dioxin
                          Honorary DSA

So, in all honesty, it was really a disappointment to hear that you could only have 4v4 in gears of war. I like really big online matches (8v8 is pretty perfect for me). BTW, gears is $38 at Target today.

I ordered a used copy of halo 3 on ebay for $47 shipped. It's only 13 bucks, but if I do that enough, I can essentially pay for a free game.

I also picked up call of duty 4 today. Target had it on sale for $48, so after taxes, it was just over $50. I know that eventually, it will be that price on sale anyway, but I really wanted it now. I slept in and just rolled in and out of Target. I was back home a little over 30 minutes after I left. If I had to get up at like 4 am to get this game at that price, it just wouldn't have been worth it.

On a more humorous note, the guy said, "Oh, you have to be 17 to buy this game." I'm like, "Yeah, I'm 29." :D hahaha

Comment

TriPP
                            Civilian
                            • Jun 2006

wow good price on cod4, but i still won't be getting it because not enough dsa have it and/or the ones that do have it are game hyper types (they want be playing it when newer games come out). so there's no real serious longevity with the game as it concerns the dsa at this point.

Comment

Zabka
                              Imperial Guard
                              • Nov 2004
                              • DSA Zabka

Tripp--

I am sure you are right since I have been on my 360 2x since Taco and Christ got their 360s. Until that point, it was pretty easy to get a Halo3 party going. But with COD4, the holidays, and my RL changes (new job, new baby), I probably couldn't say as clearly. That being said, I think the longevity of the biggest selling game ever which is only 1.5 months old is probably going to be greater than Gears which, while a HUGE seller, is also almost a year old at this point. Nonetheless, I think every 360 owner has to play Gears for a bit at least. There aren't any games that offer the same visceral feedback for those seeking pure carnage. Also, no other game scatters body parts as well.

For me? I will probably be splitting my time between Halo3 and COD4 for my gaming time for the foreseeable future. I still have RB6 matches as well, but just haven't had time to attend my squad's practices.

Dioxin, if you and I are on, we can play either at any point. Send me a friends requst.
                              Last edited by Zabka; 11-23-2007, 12:31 PM.
                              You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

TriPP
                                Civilian
                                • Jun 2006

that's the beauty of the 360. u can see what dsa members are actually playing when they're playing, when they've last played a game, when they were last online playing any game, etc. that's objective information that speaks for itself.

i can't think of any DSA that plays on a regular basis (a few days/nights a week, besides practice) that have halo 3, who play halo 3 (this a newer game too) on a regular basis if they have other good shooters, choices. halo 3 is at best those DSA member's #2 or lower choice in a shooter. people are typically going to play their favorite shooter with their limited gaming time, when they're in the mood for a shooter.

look at urself zab, i'd say u have at least 2 shooters u like better than halo 3, cod4 and rainbow. u say u haven't played rainbow in a while too and i know u haven't played halo 3 in a while also. if it wasn't for practice and halo 3's recent release, i'd say ur halo 3 play would be near non existent.

bottom line, there are so MANY good shooters for the 360, but only 1 seems to have the consistent attention of the DSA that play on a regular basis outside of practices, that's gears. that's pretty big, considering gears has been out for nearly a year now, not less than two months like halo 3.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...