Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    SPIKE
    Civilian
    • Apr 2007

I was thinking about the Ps3 for those reasons but I put my point on the 360 becuase when I was gonna get the ps3 BAM recall so I sayed no and whent for 360 and since I was planing on buying the 360 theres been no recalls or bugs of the sort i want the 360 just because not nessisarly cheaper because I can TRUST it My step dad has had his since day 1 and no problems what so ever
    sigpic
    Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by SPIKE
      I was thinking about the Ps3 for those reasons but I put my point on the 360 becuase when I was gonna get the ps3 BAM recall so I sayed no and whent for 360 and since I was planing on buying the 360 theres been no recalls or bugs of the sort i want the 360 just because not nessisarly cheaper because I can TRUST it My step dad has had his since day 1 and no problems what so ever
      Spike---a little punctuation would really help us understand what you are saying here.

Also, I think it is a losing argument to make that the PS3 is less reliable than the 360. I haven't had mine go down yet, but I am just waiting for it to happen. It's a sad state of affairs that most of us just expect it to happen to dull the blow of when it does happen and to keep us feeling "lucky" when it doesn't. But since it won't cost me a dime to get it fixed for 3 years, I don't think it is a big deal. But nonetheless, I have heard of FAR fewer hardware problems with the PS3 than the 360. Software, on the other hand, is a different issue. But software is patchable (assuming developers do what is right (which they didn't on the PS2). On the 360, they all seem to have updates and little fixes for the various glitches, etc. I know that RFOM on the PS3 has had great support as well. I believe Warhawk has good support as well (although I heard that some of the issues "out of the box" shouldn't have happened to begin with).

Anyway, Reliability is NOT why you choose a 360 over a PS3.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

CHRIST
        Civilian

You also have to take into account that now movie companies are siding with HD or Blue Ray. So the decision of those formats do not sway me to either one as I would like to enjoy all movies so I will stick with the standard DVD.

Honestly there's no point trying to make the decisions for other people on what they want. Primarily, base what system you are going to get on the game library. After all, that is what you are getting this system to do. See which exclusives you prefer. I don't like all those asian type games like Final Fantasy which are huge reasons for the PS3, never cared about Metal Gear Solid, and I could live without Socom. The only game I will truely miss is God of War 3, maybe the ratchet series.

Also, which of your friends have that system to play online with. For me I got the majority of DSA along with the majority of my real life friends having Xbox. (only 2 of my friends have PS3, while I have like 8-10 friends with 360 and Live)

So for me the two factors were, what games are there? and who will I be able to game with?

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Deslock
          Darth Beratter

Everyone is absolutely right. In this situation, there really isn't a "This system is better than the other one", because it depends on what the consumer wants.

The point that I was making, and notice I didn't disrespect the 360 besides the RROD issue, is that if he wanted to upgrade a 360 to the level of the PS3, the cost of the add-ons would actually make it cost more than getting a PS3 right out of the box.

I do have several strong complaints against Sony. They are WAAAAY behind on getting the PSN where it needs to truly be to stand against Microsucks. As Zabka stated that video was at launch time, and the PSN has gotten ALOT better, but still at a snails pace. She said that PSN didn't have a good friends list, and lack of communication. That's no longer true. Even if I'm in game, on or offline, it even lets me know when my friends get on, and we can now instantly send messages, and instant voice chat.

PSN has also added alot more content online, with new maps, characters, and free demo's, trailers, and movies. 99% which are free to download. But as I said, they are still to far behind in this area, and it's really hurting them. Why they're dragging their heels on this is beyond me. It's a real pivotal point.

Yes, it is true that alot of the DSA members are on the 360 "right now". Just like alot of the DSA used to be on their PS2's.

That's not the case now.

As I forsee, alot of the DSA members will get PS3's, and the 360 owners will be stuck with a machine that will just sit there and gather dust in the long run, when they could've got a PS3, and be ready for the next generation of games that the DSA is going to be on, just like how everyone upgraded to 360's or PS3's over the outdated, but still going strong PS2's.

I follow this kind of stuff closely. I told everyone back in the 80's that the smart money was on VHS, rather than Betamax, even though Betamax was a better format. VHS has ease of use, and compatability. And Sony got slapped hard for their mistake. They have since learned to plan for the future, and think in the overall long run. The PS1 slammed the SNES. The PS2 slammed the N64 (Even though I really like the N64), and was still holding it's own against X-box, and now the 360 and PS3 in sales.

The Wii suprised the Hell out of everyone. The "novelty" system slapped everyone in the face. For once, Nintendo did something right. At least to the public's view.And good for them. I've always liked Nintendo. Prolly for sentimental reasons.

Trying to find an accurate system vs. system comparisons without bias is damn near impossible. But I think if they did a comparison with the PS3 vs. 360 or the Elite would be a heckuva lot closer now.

I just don't want to see any DSA member get ripped off in the long run.
          It's as simple as that. And thank you Dioxin for understanding where I was coming from, I appreciate it.

sigpic

Comment

Dioxin
            Honorary DSA

Spike, another thing to consider is that the 360 has had more time to work out the kinks. I don't think that one company made a more reliable system over the other. I mean, didn't the power supplies on some 360's burn down houses? (Yeah, it was on carpet, but what ever...) Point is that the ps3 does deserve some time to work out the kinks.

Is it just me, or have new systems been released with pretty major problems ever since the release of the ps2? I don't remember ANY nintendo problems out of the box, aside from the weak hand straps on the Wii controllers, which I don't consider a "system" problem. I didn't follow it too closely, but did the ps2 and the first xbox have lots of glitches and re-designs for the second and third runs of the systems?

In general, even if I have the money, I am not all that interested in buying a new system right when they come out for this reason alone. As I said before, ps3 may turn into the best damn system around. I really do like my ps2 and wish the ps3 were the best system at this very moment.
            "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

SPIKE
              Civilian
              • Apr 2007

Sorry Zab bad habit...

But I know what you guys are saying. The fact of the matter is that It just all comes down to which one you'll enjoy more than the other to be honest the only reason Id buy a Ps3 is for A other installment of Katamari Damachi. But when your like me and dont exactly have money to spend left and right you've got consider price to...

And I'm just Debating over the ps3 and 360 I already got my Wii and I love it :D
              sigpic
              Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492

Comment

TriPP
                Civilian
                • Jun 2006

when u guys get ur 360's, post up ur gamertag so the other 360 guys can add u to their friends lists, makes playing games together and commo easy.
                Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

norm
                  Imperial Guard
                  • Jun 2006
                  • DSA norm

I have to chime in

lol

That girl in the video..wow what's her gamer tag?

I'll say this, Buy whichever system you want. Make your decisions based on what games you like (you should be looking over the game library for bot systems). See what most of your friends play. It would bother me not to play with some of the people here on a regular basis and that doesn't count those of my irl friends that play games online.

Don't worry about the systems being maxed out. Nobody can say for sure how far a system can truly go. Look at the aging PS2 and the game God of War. That game really redefined the boundaries for the PS2. It's up to the gaming companies to keep pushing out the boundaries for the systems. They both run DirectX 9 and now there's DirectX 10 and I can tell you there's a big difference between the two. Gears of War on a DirectX 9 system vs a DirectX 10 system is amazing (imo). Same game, just one looks prettier using the new technology.

Decide for yourself what you want. Decide on the types of games, friends, if you want a gaming console or an entertainment system. Once you answer those questions post them. Let us know what you're looking for and offer advice form our point of view and experiences.

I saw you wanted to play the new Katamari, that's on the 360, but not on the PS3. Though you can play the older versions of the game on the PS3. I don't know if you have Guitar Hero for the PS2. If you do you may have to buy an adapter for the guitar controller to play it on the PS3.

Anything else let us know

Comment

Master_Ian
                    Civilian
                    • Apr 2006

Guitar hero on 360 owns the ps version.
                    One shot, One kill.

Comment

Ditch
                      Civilian
                      • Oct 2006

cod4 on both systems rocks!!, I would like to add one thing, there are more movie studios that do blue-ray than hd, I wish I had the list in front of me, I am sorry, but I looked at the list, they just dont seem to advertise blu-ray mavies as much, so it seems like there smore hd, hd is cheaper and still good but for the best detail and clarity blu-ray is it, I noticed disney went blu-ray, anyway, I dont think any of us bought ps3 or 360 for the movies right?
                      I just wanted this fact known as far as the movies go.
                      Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

TriPP
                        Civilian
                        • Jun 2006

christ, did u get ur 360 or is it tomorrow/sunday (this weekend) when u said ur gonna get it?

Comment

CHRIST
                          Civilian

got it on saturday, but I dunno when I'll actually be able to play it. Our main TV is in the shop and my dad stole my tv to replace it.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

TriPP
                            Civilian
                            • Jun 2006

christ, what game/games did u get? i know taco got halo 3.

my opinion, u gotta get gears or halo 3, with gears being my fav.

Comment

thatgirlkim
                              Honorary DSA
                              • Mar 2007
                              • TgK60

okay... curious about something... my daughter wants a wii.. but we are considering a 360 what I want to know is how much it is for live....
                              “Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy.” - Henry Kissinger

Comment

Dioxin
                                Honorary DSA

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like $50 a year.

I'm also thinking about getting a Wii, but getting it for my mom for xmas. When I moved down here, she said that she was thinking about getting one. I figured it might be a good gift.

Since the 360 discussion is slowing down, anyone here have a wii? Any must play games? Is online play free?
                                "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...