Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    TriPP
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

u can pay $50 retail for 1 yr of live gold or u can do like i did.

i got 1 yr live gold, vision camera, 200 ms pts, 2 arcade games and a headset for $50 including shipping off of ebay. u just gotta shop around, i actually got 2 of these deals, one for me and one for my son.
    Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

CHRIST
      Civilian

I got Halo 3, for some reason I just don't like Gears that much. I also got Marvel Ult. Alliance and Forza Motorsport 2 for free. I'm gonna try and get it hooked up on Wednesday afternoon.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Zabka
        Imperial Guard
        • Nov 2004
        • DSA Zabka

Christ--Gears is worth getting (or renting) for the coop story alone. Really phenomenal. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun--but can be a bit frustrating as the idiosyncracies don't bother the vets nearly as much as the casual players. So the casual player gets more frustrated about host advantage and bizarre shotty hit recognition than the vet.

MUA--I would be happy to break that puppy out again to get some more players on it. Previously it was Phoenix, me and Tom playing. Reaver too--but he would just lag us out and then cause us to lose the whole mission. Tom is a master of the game and can tell you where you need to go to do anything. That way you don't have to get frustrated when you forget which door you came through. It's definitely a more fun game to play with other people...and the replayability is in building other characters.

I should build somebody other than Capt America up for fun. Then again, I am not even playing Halo3 and COD4--the games I love---because of time constraints these days.

Kim---the Wii is a better party machine for those with kids. Although I have been unimpressed with most of the games that weren't wii sports, that game is a lot of fun for kids.

Depending on how old your kids are, the 360 is growing its family offerings. First off you have all the arcade games which are pretty kid freindly and only cost a few bucks. But they aren't your top of the line games. I recently realized that the various demos they have are good enough for my little one to play since she doesn't really want to play anything for a long time. and those are free and look great. She played Ratatouille and Cars the past weekend with me.

But as your kids get older, the 360 is probably going to be more functional from a gaming standpoint. Just for now, the Wii is probably teh better family machine. But if you pick up a copy of SWBF2 for the xbox and play it on your 360, you will be upset at how ripped off us PS2 players have been.
        You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

CHRIST
          Civilian

I was considering seeing how cheap I can get a used Gears. I'll play the game with friends, but I can't get used to the gameplay and I just don't like it that much overall. I'm not gonna buy it for the story if I don't like the gameplay that much.

So far I LOVE Halo and playing with four friends in a 4v4 match. lol my favorite mode right now is Rocket Race. I own at driving on Sandtrap.

Comment

SPIKE
            Civilian
            • Apr 2007

I have a Wii Dioxin and The online is free I Have Guitar hero 3, Zelda TLP, Metroid prime 3, and JUst NOW got The new Mario Galaxys and I recremend all of them Ive had Zelda since day 1 and I still catch my self playing it over and over again.
            sigpic
            Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492

Comment

Dioxin
              Honorary DSA

Spike, thanks for the comments man.

Guys and Kim, I kicked the **** out of the physical fitness test today! Normally, I've been struggling with 17 pushups. I could have easily done 30. My arms were not even starting to feel it at 20. :D So, I've ordered the xbox 360 pro from amazon. Should be here in about a week I would guess. Looking forward to some gears!

D
              "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

TriPP
                Civilian
                • Jun 2006

cool dioxin, see u on gears.

Comment

Dioxin
                  Honorary DSA

Two more questions.

1 - My work schedule will dictate how often I can play with DSA. Ideally, I'll play any chance I can get, but I work swing shifts usually. When I create my gamer tag for LIVE, should I incorporate the name DSA into the tag?

2 - Some stores used to insure your games for a year for $1 with the ps2. If it got scratched or damaged in that time, you could just bring it into the store for an exchange. Do any stores do this with the 360?

Comment

CHRIST
                    Civilian

I know ebgames/gamestop did it for $3 dollars with PS2 games, I would imagine that goes for all games, maybe an extra dollar or something.

Comment

norm
                      Imperial Guard
                      • Jun 2006
                      • DSA norm

Dioxin, It's up to you if you want to use the tags or not as a part of your gamertag. I'd like to think that those who are officers of the DSA would have the tag. Just my opinion though

Comment

Zabka
                        Imperial Guard
                        • Nov 2004
                        • DSA Zabka

Dioxin, I believe that Best Buy and/or Toys R Us offer insurance on games. Long term DSA should probably put it in their tags.
                        You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Dioxin
                          Honorary DSA

hells guys... I really wanted DSA in my tag, but I didn't want to violate any unknown 360 rules, as I'm new to this system.

Comment

RegentOne
                            Imperial Advisor

Great job on the physical fitness side of you job Dioxin! Nice to know you will be a new owner of a 360 soon. I cannot wait to see you online playing Gears with the crew.
                            "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
                            {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

TriPP
                              Civilian
                              • Jun 2006

well, make is DSA Whatever, not DSAWhatever (or even worse hebrewhammer (christ) or other lone wolf gamer tags, get with the program u goof balls). it really looks nice (like we're organized) and seems to intimidate in the gears matches when one whole team has a list of uniform DSA Whatever gamer tags.

i also think it helps with recruiting on the 360, which is tough compared to the ps2 (few dedicated servers and no server admin for dsa propaganda). people seem more impressed by a list of uniform DSA Whatever tags than a list of mutt and jeff gamer tags.

Comment

Tomahawk
                                Imperial Guard
                                • Feb 2006

Tripp - You're saying what I've been saying for the last 9 months lol

Dioxin - PLEASE make your tag DSA Dioxin. Even though you may not be able to always make practices, you are still DSA. It's your choice what you do with your gamertag but if you are DSA, and I still think you are, then include the DSA in it.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...