Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Tomahawk
    Imperial Guard
    • Feb 2006

Dioxin - Although GoW is only 4x4, you will find it as hectic and crazy as Halo 3. Main difference to me is a level of strategy. Halo 3 = minimal strategy. Every other shooter (GRAW2, RB6, COD4, GoW) offers serious strategic elements and teamwork. Halo 3 is run and gun, you die you respawn. One kill very seldom affects a match. GoW is incredible for the rush of seeing 3 teammates get killed, and knowing a match hinges on your ability and skill to take out all 4 remaining enemies. Anyone who dislikes GoW, probably never played it enough to get good enough and truly enjoy it. I've played a lot of games on this system and GoW is the only game I always come back to.

By skipping out on GoW you are missing one of the best games in the last 5 years. Period. This game always finds at least 3 other ppl to team up with and form your group. You rarely find yourself playing this game alone.

Halo 3 is a great game and CoD4 is as well, I'll assume (haven't played it quite yet), but for anyone to say that they're superior to GoW, means I think you're off your ****ing rocker.

At the very least I hope you rent it and play the game with an open-mind for those few days. I will be very surprised if you don't end up buying it.

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Tripp,

The one element you are forgetting, however, is the ability to switch games easily to join an invite for a different game. Of course, nobody is obligated to do so, but there are plenty of times that I would be happy to switch out of games to play with DSA for a game that I like. So when I am not on Halo3, if you want me to join the party, I am happy to do so most of the time. I have no problems throwing out invites regardless of what game they are in. So the one thing about the recently played list is that if people aren't sending the invites, it doesn't necessarily represent willingness to play the games.

I think Tomahawk makes some good points on Gears--but Halo3 and COD4 are both games that are very teamwork oriented...but not as tactical other than--taking the high ground or defending a position. Gears, with different weapons being at different spots, is both tactical and teamwork oriented. As for respawn vs not, that's a function of what game mode you choose to play. For me, I felt like I played a lot of Gears for a while--but RB6 was just more to my liking. And initially, I just couldn't get people to play GRAW2 with me as people were playing COD3 or Gears. So RB6 became my game of choice as I tired of Gears and some of the idiosyncracies behind the game.

Gears is really the most innovative game yet. Halo3 might be the best designed game ever (for weapons and map balance). COD4 has elements of both (innovative, well designed, but not quite as much on either of those fronts as the other two games). Gameplay on all three is quite fun. It's hard to go wrong.

Tripp is right---there are just too many good shooters on the 360. We haven't even talked about the Orange Box, which is supposed to be awesome. But I don't think one could go very wrong with any of them.

I think we need to start getting Halo3 competitive. Where it has suffered is the lack of a division leader who has the time and desire to get us organized and to get into a ladder or tourney of some sort. We can be good when we get DSA together for Halo3.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

SPIKE
        Civilian
        • Apr 2007

Grrr me and my pink 360 controler feel so left out since my 360 doesnt some till Mid December...... And Ive played orange box on pc and I love it I can only imagine what it would be like on 360 since I play better with controlers than keyboards
        sigpic
        Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492

Comment

Dioxin
          Honorary DSA

gr, yeah, amazon is starting to make me mad. I guess they've taken the last week off, only processing express orders. I placed my order on the 17th and it won't ship until this coming Monday.

Ok, I'll take a look at gears. It does sound good from yall's descriptions. Ebay has some cheap copies.
          "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Dioxin
            Honorary DSA

UPDATE: Amazon hung me out to dry. It's estimated shipping day was moved from yesterday until sometime this week or maybe even next. I wouldn't even get it until the 12th of December. I canceled that ****, went to Walmart and just swallowed the tax.

I could have gotten a better deal if I had bought on Black Friday. One store was offering two extra games at a discount if you bought as a package. Oh well. At least I can play now. I've got COD4 and Gears/Halo3 are both on the way. I also picked up a $34 years LIVE Gold on ebay, so I can jump online asap.

Comment

SithWarrior
              Civilian
              • Mar 2006

hey man post your Gamer Tag when you make it alright buddy:p

Comment

TriPP
                Civilian
                • Jun 2006

well, there's only one dsa that i can think of that has cod4 (zab), so we'll have to wait until u get gears or halo 3 to play with some dsa.
                Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

Dioxin
                  Honorary DSA

Well, theoretically, we could get in a few rounds of MUA if people were up to it. :p

Gears and Halo 3 should both be in the mail as we speak.

My mom's freakin TV has all the component plugs taken up. That means I either plug and unplug her DVD each time I want to switch back and forth or I go out and get an HDMI cable...

So, I can either get a component splitter for $100+ or buy a $30 HDMI cable...

EDIT: I found that I could channel a few component cables through my stereo receiver, so I didn't have to pop for a HDMI cable. I'm good to go.
                  Last edited by Dioxin; 11-28-2007, 02:30 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...