• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

COD4 metacritic score

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Same score as Bioshock (96), higher than Halo3 (94) and Warhawk (84). This applies to both the PS3 and 360, I believe.
    Last edited by Zabka; 11-06-2007, 03:11 PM.
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]
    CHRIST
    Civilian

I believe Gametrailers gave it a 9.4 and said that it's multiplayer is only rivaled by Halo

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

This game rocks. Got online yesterday for the first time since the baby. I was rusty at all gaming, didn't remember the controls, and also had to adjust to new maps/scopeless weapons. As a result, I did awful to start. Oh...I was also drunk.

But on the beta maps, I tore it up, and by the time I sobered up some, I was doing ok. There are a great number of maps available on this. The campaign is single player only unfortunately. No co-op.

Multiplayer is intense, fast, and fun. While Halo3 surprised me with how much I enjoyed it, COD4 is a better looking, better playing game in my opinion. I love Halo3---and I never thought I would say that. But I love COD4 more.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Master_Ian
        Civilian
        • Apr 2006

Sounds like I'll give in and spend what I swore I wouldn't spend.
        One shot, One kill.

Comment

Zabka
          Imperial Guard
          • Nov 2004
          • DSA Zabka

This game is worth it. Until Halo3 came out, the beta managed to suck me away from RB6. Pants, Regent, Tripp, Kerry, Limbo, Norm were all on the beta. Very good game. Different from Halo so a comparison doesn't make a ton of sense.

But there is something so satisfying about knifing people in the face or back. Also rewarding you for kill streaks with UAV, Airstrikes, and Chopper Strikes is just brilliant.

Comment

Ditch
            Civilian
            • Oct 2006

I agree, I love warhawk, still plan to get halflife 2 and haze, but this cod4 just knocked me out!
            I did not plan to check it out, or even look at it,
            definitely not on my list to buy at all!!
            I planned on warhawk, warhawk expansion pack, halflife 2, haze, socom, and check out blacksite area 51, but
            when I heard my friend tell me about the beta on his 360 ,and you guys,
            and then the 10 minute video on ign,
            well.... yesterday I just had to have it,
            and now it has become my favorite game ever.
            still love warhawk, but cod4 gets the win
            Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

TriPP
              Civilian
              • Jun 2006

i didn't care much for the cod4 beta, the novelty was neat at first, but wore off.

the problem (it's not really a problem) with the 360 is that they have 2 trend setting shooters (gears & halo 3) that are so good that shooters like rainbow 6 and others just don't get the playing time they should, b/c gears and halo 3 are that much better for the vast majority of 360 gamers.
              Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

Dioxin
                Honorary DSA

Just a bump for this game... it's now $38 at Circuit City for the 360!
                "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

Gino
                  Civilian
                  • Mar 2007
                  • Gino31B

I have a good friend in the army that loves this game. He said he would join the clan if you guys ever started a division. I would consider it too when I return and get my 360.
                  sigpic

Comment

Zabka
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Nov 2004
                    • DSA Zabka

I think COD4 is one of those games that, for now, we should just play together when we get on instead of trying to get competitive. Partially because I just don't think we have enough people to get dedicated to a division of this sort. Since it has a party system similar to Halo3, it allows you to match pretty constantly. Unlike Halo3, however, you have to mute each individual on the mic if they are annoying while Halo3 allows you to have mics turned on to party and team only (GREAT idea). So you sometimes have to waste time in the lobby listening to losers.

It's a great game.

Tripp, I think you are right in that Halo3 and Gears really are the staples of shooters for players. But there is a VERY strong GRAW2 community as there is for RB6. What I have found is that the 40+ people I have from my RB6 playing are all constantly on COD4 now (with RB6 thrown in for some tourneys being played). So the RB6 people have moved to COD4 even though the games are SO different. But Gears and the Halo franchise have greater longevity.

I have a feeling that COD4 will hold well until RB6V part 2 comes out. In the meantime, most of my Halo3 list is constantly on COD4 now. It's funny because I bet other people's friends list probably don't have 20+ people on COD4 every night.

Comment

TriPP
                      Civilian
                      • Jun 2006

hmm, for $40 i'll probably pick up cod4, they also have fight night 3 (which i've been thinkn about getting) for $23, neato.
                      Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

Gino
                        Civilian
                        • Mar 2007
                        • Gino31B

I've been playing this all day. IT RULEZ!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Master_Ian
                          Civilian
                          • Apr 2006

Hell yeah it does. I finally got the perk that lets you carry 2 primary weapons, and I'm on my way to the P-90.
                          One shot, One kill.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                          Working...