• Show
Clear All
  • The_Blunt
    Officer
    • Jul 2007
    • DSA Blunt

My First COD4 Video!

Well, here it is: My first COD4 video.

It's only one map. I'm still trying to get the hang of this Movie Maker thing.
    Plus it takes an eternity to copy the DVD to the computer, so this is all I have so far. I'll be starting on highlight videos this week.

It's almost exactly the same as when I make/edit music on Acid Pro so it shouldn't take me too long to get used to it.

Sorry for the piss-poor quality. I had to dumb it down to 92 MB from 120 MB. It was so long, it even outlasted the song I picked! I had to cut some of it.

Look for some funny stuff at 5:50. :D

And thanks for all the help, EagleOne!

sigpic
    Ditch
    Civilian
    • Oct 2006

that was awesome, nice opening with the almost instant 10 kill streak lol
    Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

Capthemfoos
      Honorary DSA

Nice vid, Blunt. Well done.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

Muncher
        Lieutenant

I was on top of the leader board till blunt pulled that shinanagins at 5:50.
        We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

EagleOne
          Honorary DSA

Very nice Blunt. You did a magnificent job. You have a bright future as a movie maker. Perhaps this is the only time a **** and ********* has come together in peace.

Thanks for the shout out

Comment

AndyPants
            Civilian
            • Oct 2004
            • Pants9000

It's a strange feeling to see yourself come online. I'm totally rockin' it there at 2:38

Cool video. I would like to see some use of your view as a camera. Kind of frame a shot and see the action of a few players at once. That way we aren't forced to watch your crappy ass playing the whole time ;)

Check out vimeo.com for uploading high-rez video. I know they let you upload true HD video but I'm not sure about high-rez computer capture stuff, but it's worth a peek.

Comment

CHRIST
              Civilian

This is why every game needs a theater mode like Halo. So you can go back and watch any game from any point of view especially a roaming camera that shows the entire battlefield, slow motion, and everything. Then you'd be able to make really sweet videos.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

The_Blunt
                Officer
                • Jul 2007
                • DSA Blunt

Originally posted by AndyPants

Cool video. I would like to see some use of your view as a camera. Kind of frame a shot and see the action of a few players at once. That way we aren't forced to watch your crappy ass playing the whole time ;)

Check out vimeo.com for uploading high-rez video. I know they let you upload true HD video but I'm not sure about high-rez computer capture stuff, but it's worth a peek.
                Trust me, I don't like watching my crappy ass playing all the time either. :p
                I wish there was a way to spectate in public rooms without being in Search and Destroy and dying.

I'm sure I'll come up with some creative ways to view everyone else as I continue recording practice nights.
                Whether it be me sitting out some private matches or me sitting in a random corner doing nothing but aiming. ;)

I still have about 14 other maps besides this one to upload.
                I have some really neat offensives that we put together in Sabotage,
                and some spectating in Search and Destroy.

I'll take a look at vimeo.com. The movie looks really nice in Windows Media Player but it gets all smudgy on YouTube.
                sigpic

Comment

EagleOne
                  Honorary DSA

We did headquaters and you may need to sacrifice yourself every once and a while to spectate. Only that I found.

Comment

Muncher
                    Lieutenant

I think there is a spectate mode for domination. I think you have to hit select before you choose your character. Onr of those bottons anyways, I did it on accident once.
                    We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The_Blunt
                      Officer
                      • Jul 2007
                      • DSA Blunt

I have a lot of footage but I still don't have what I need of everyone else in order to make a good video.

I'm gonna work on seperating the clips I have during the week but I'm gonna have to wait until everyone is on again for me to get some more footage.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shoot_Me_Now
                        Civilian
                        • Nov 2007

Yea Muncher i think there is. I accidently hit the circle button(back button) when the choose class sceen came up and it took me to spectate mode. Not sure if this is for all modes tho
                        sigpic

Comment

The_Blunt
                          Officer
                          • Jul 2007
                          • DSA Blunt

I have half of my next video done. I just need to wait until the next time everyone is on so I can get more footage of everyone else.
                          sigpic

Comment

Phoenix
                            Honorary DSA

Nice vid, man.

I'd say Quickshot owes you a beer on this because you caught his epic airstrike on video. Both of you took out their entire team twice!
                            Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

RegentOne
                              Imperial Advisor

Sure was a good vid Blunt. I didn't know you were recording that match. It was at the top of some of our best. You are right Phoenix, I owe Blunt a cold one for catching that airstrike for me.
                              "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
                              {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...