Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Ditch
    Civilian
    • Oct 2006

well I have been trying for over an hour now and have yet to play a multiplayer match, it says unavailable on all the servers, I cannot join the invites and my friends cant join mine, I got into 2 coop games and then the game was unavailable before I could take 5 steps, wtf!!??? so mostly I have been on single player and watching the loading screen while I try to play online. they rushed this, or they need to patch the server connection again,
    when I play warhawk or cod4 I usually have one of the best connections, dont know whats up, it never did this to me on r6v1
    Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

Capthemfoos
      Honorary DSA

You think there may be enough players for a division Zabka?

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

Zabka
        Imperial Guard
        • Nov 2004
        • DSA Zabka

Cap, Limbo and I have talked about this--and people might want to have a night of it... but in terms of a divison that tries to get competitive? We'll have to see. On Vegas 1, people came to the game late, so the multiplayer was more frustrating for some either due to being behind relative to others or due to the gameplay just being accepted by the vets (spawn camping is just part of the game in team deathmatch). by the end, there were more than a handful of us on RB6, but I seemed to be the only one who loved the multiplayer--Sig too.

Ditch--I read on the Ubi forums that PS3 players are having this same problem as you. They will need to patch it I am sure. Pluses and minuses to Sony's connectivity strategy. On Warhawk it comes out great. In COD4 which was not a port but instead had its own development team, it comes out fine. in Vegas, the PS3 seems to get the short end of the stick.
        You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Ditch
          Civilian
          • Oct 2006

true, it is strange there was a patch when I tried to first go online with it,
          Last edited by Ditch; 03-20-2008, 08:29 PM.
          Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

Zabka
            Imperial Guard
            • Nov 2004
            • DSA Zabka

Any better ditch?

Last night, Phoenix and I were doing the story mode when Master Ian and Sithwarrior invited us for a realistic terrorist hunt.

Pretty hard stuff, but so fun. I like that we still get experience points even if we don't finish it.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Tomahawk
              Imperial Guard
              • Feb 2006

I've been looking through the Achievement forum I use (for my addiction) and it seems this game's having lots of problems. Looks like it's on it's way to having a dubious reputation of having glitched and unobtainable achievements.

Lots of ppl having problems with the one you get for completing the story on realistic difficulty (Freedom Shall Prevail). Especially if attempting to unlock it during co-op. Also problems with the one for completing all T-hunts on realistic (Extreme Hunter). Lots of probs with the game not recognizing all of them being completed. These first couple haven't been experienced by everyone. Biggest one is the glitch on the Private First Class. If you've already hit that rank and didn't get it, you will never get it! Only two ways they can fix this with a patch. Either by resetting your exp points/rank or possibly by creating a replacement achievement in lieu of the currently glitched one.

Now I know that none of you care about achievements but it truly speaks volumes about the game/developers. If the team behind this game can't properly code achievements to unlock or discover that they're glitched during the testing phase, then they're already starting a few bricks short of a full load.

Unless I see and hear nothing but the highest praises within the next week (and a ****ing patch) it looks as though I'll skip this one. GTA IV in a month means that at the most, this game will get one month of play from me. Not really worth starting a very time-consuming shooter (for rank/achievements) which is basically the same as the first one (which I wasn't crazy about at all) when I know I won't be on it for more than a month.

Comment

Ditch
                Civilian
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Zabka
                Any better ditch?

Last night, Phoenix and I were doing the story mode when Master Ian and Sithwarrior invited us for a realistic terrorist hunt.

Pretty hard stuff, but so fun. I like that we still get experience points even if we don't finish it.
                I meant there was a patch before I even played the game. I like it, but I dont like how in t hunt they just spawn in front of or behind you, wtf? why couldnt they fix this?

Comment

CHRIST
                  Civilian

Originally posted by Tomahawk
                  GTA IV in a month means that at the most, this game will get one month of play from me. Not really worth starting a very time-consuming shooter (for rank/achievements) which is basically the same as the first one (which I wasn't crazy about at all) when I know I won't be on it for more than a month.
                  best game of this upcoming year

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Zabka
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Nov 2004
                    • DSA Zabka

This doesn't surprise me Tomahawk. The game has little glitchy things in it---I have frozen twice while boarding a chopper at the end of one scene. That's annoying. I also got a disc read error once. Disc read errors were common for some people on Vegas 1.

I think Ubi got lazy. After making a game that was a game of the year candidate in 06 (but rightfully lost to Gears), they didn't put the same care into this one. They eliminated my favorite game mode--retrieval.. There are little glitches where people get stuck in different places. Nothing too disastrous and the checkpoints are many, so that it isn't too frustrating.

That all being said...the basic game is a great game. The cover system is still the best. The customization is still better than any other game out there.

Comment

Ditch
                      Civilian
                      • Oct 2006

I think they just didnt take the time to polish it up. figured they'd get it out and make $ on it initially then make some patches

Comment

Tomahawk
                        Imperial Guard
                        • Feb 2006

I think if you were a fan of the first one, then you'll really enjoy the new one. Seems like more than a few things were just not addressed during testing. Hopefully this will get a really quick patch and the initial complications can be resolved quickly. This game has a lot of potential and I'd hate to see it's following hurt because of a few problems.

Comment

Master_Ian
                          Civilian
                          • Apr 2006

I think the customization in this game beats the hell out of the first one. The way weapons are unlocked make it possible to focus on getting a particular weapon and the ranks unlock your clothing. In this one you judge based on how your dressed and the people who do nothing but sit and rank up all day don't have a huge advantage over everyone else.

My favorite feature about this game is the fact that all your points from single player, co op, and multiplayer versus count towards the same thing. I can rank up with people or on my own.
                          One shot, One kill.

Comment

Capthemfoos
                            Honorary DSA

lol, unfortunately I unlocked all the weapons already. I ground up my points on certain parts of levels. Now I don't get any XP bonuses:(

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

JoePesci
                              Civilian
                              • Jan 2008

i like the game but i cant connect. tried to play with ditch and sdmf, this game is starting to piss me off.
                              Hey, how you doing?

Comment

RegentOne
                                Imperial Advisor

I will be picking this up tomorrow 23 Mar 08.
                                "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
                                {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...