Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerry2
    Imperial Advisor

Indiana Jones Release night

Well Norman, you asked for it here you go. Pics from the 501st. event at the premiere of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie.

There's more pictures, I just haven't had the time to load them all yet. I'll post more when I can.

I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade. It may be he shall take my hand and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, it may be I shall pass him still. I have a rendezvous with Death, on some scarred slope of battered hill. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous.
    Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

that looks pretty awesome, Kerry.

Trying to get a sense of heights here. What is the average height of the stormtroopers there?
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Kerry2
      Imperial Advisor

Two of the TK's are about 5'9" as well as the tie pilot and the shorter biker scout. The taller TK is around 6'4" and the taller scout is around 6'0"

I'm 6'7" out of armor, approx 7'2" in armor.

I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade. It may be he shall take my hand and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, it may be I shall pass him still. I have a rendezvous with Death, on some scarred slope of battered hill. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous.

Comment

norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

cool Kerry. Looks like you had a ton of fun!

Comment

SPIKE
          Civilian
          • Apr 2007

wow I give kudos, I thought I was the only one here who would do that. But I did it for shits and giggles in a grocery store :D

Good job man I didnt think anyone could get that many people to do that. You got all the respect I can give bro good job
          sigpic
          Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492

Comment

Zabka
            Imperial Guard
            • Nov 2004
            • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by Kerry2
            Two of the TK's are about 5'9" as well as the tie pilot and the shorter biker scout. The taller TK is around 6'4" and the taller scout is around 6'0"

I'm 6'7" out of armor, approx 7'2" in armor.
            Wow. so you are really tall, especially in the armor. I would have assumed that you were about 6'2" in the armor so that everyone there was more like 5'7" or so. Harkening back to "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

It's interesting because all the TKs look like they are a bit shorter than you just described. Cool stuff. at 7'2" in your armor, you reall my must look like Vader.

Do you do anything for sound? breathing or voice?

How much weight did you lose wearing it this time!?

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Kerry2
              Imperial Advisor

I guess I could be off a couple of inches in my measurements.

As for sound, right now I have a loop of Vaders' breathing that I play, but I plan to add a full sound system as soon as possible. There is a unit that is out that should allow enough adjustment for me to sound like James Earl Jones. As for my size, that's the main reason my friend wanted me to join the 501st. In armor I'm the same height as Prowse was in the original trilogy, Hayden was a little shorter in the armor though he was lifted and padded everywhere he could be to get him as close to Prowse size as possible. He was actually looking out of the mouth grill of his helmet when they were shooting the scenes. At 230lbs. I'm about 30 lbs lighter than Prowse was but there's not much I can do about that right now and most people will never notice. But I do take pride in making as accurate a representation as possible. I really didn't sweat too much this time around. My new suit is actually mesh in all of the places that you can't see. If you look closely at the pictures where I have my arms crossed you can see the mesh beneath my chest armor. It's actually quite cool.

Comment

Zabka
                Imperial Guard
                • Nov 2004
                • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by Kerry2
                I guess I could be off a couple of inches in my measurements.
                How many times have you uttered that statement?:p

The whole thing is pretty awesome, bud.

Comment

Rdaug27
                  Civilian
                  • Jun 2006

Sweeeeet Kerry, so uh how was the movie, and how the hell did you eat your popcorn and soda? :p j/k
                  Last edited by Rdaug27; 05-27-2008, 08:24 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Reaver
                    Imperial Advisor

Great pics kerry,

Theres a way to show up for a movie enthused. Lol

Thats awesome. I always wanted to walk around the mall ina panda suit but could never find one.

I saw the movie also but I was a bit dissapointed. But on the other hand..

It was good..
                    " I need a beer "

Comment

Kerry2
                      Imperial Advisor

The movies was alright, it wasn't as good as I was expecting but I guess it's hard to live up to my expectaions after seeing the original 3 back when I was much younger.

In case any of you are wondering we (the 501st ) were invited there to help promote the first previews of the new Clone Wars Movie trailer. I know that it didn't show in every theater so if you haven't heard yet there is another movie coming out this fall. It's an animated film that will start off the new clone wars series.

Comment

Rdaug27
                        Civilian
                        • Jun 2006

Yeah August. Wonder if its too crazy to think that SWBF3 would be leaked about the time the movie comes out? I don't mean released, but maybe a trailer for the game before the movie, and the game come out about the time The Clone Wars comes to DVD, or the TV series kicks off. Hey I can dream can't I :p Mostly likely Force Unleashed will be pushed then with its September release. Funny thing is that in Clone Wars Anakin has an apprentice too.

The Indiana Jones movies was good, the bomb scene at the beginning was lame as hell though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                        Working...