• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crono
    Honorary DSA
    • Dec 2004

Crono needs YOU...

To help test his video game.

Some of you may know, I'm working on two projects of the video game nature.

One of these projects is nearing a level of maturity that would mean it needs testing to help find bugs, balance the design, and help it reach the point in which it can be published

If anyone is interested, please, let me know.

You need...

1. Two Xbox 360 controllers that will work on your PC. Wired or wireless (with adapter)

2. A PC with Windows OS.

3. A video card with shader model 1.1 or later.

4. Up-to-date .NET Framework.

5. The XNA Framework.

I'll edit this thread with links later on, if people need them.

The Projects
    Handy Bots

This project was part of a "Game Jam" competition I entered. I was in charge of a four person team to make a game within 36 hours.

It's a multiplayer, 2D game. You control a robot that goes around cleaning up the mess inside a building. Your goal is to finish before the other bot does.

However, you are in direct competition. You can lay traps (pressing x,y,b,a), directly destroy fixed items (right trigger), and disarm traps you come across( left trigger +x,b,y,a).

Project Epsilon

This game does not require anything other than a PC with a video card capable of using OpenGL.

This won't be ready for a while, but for some background this is a 2d RPG reminiscent of the SNES era.

More info as this project matures.

Crono
    Last edited by Crono; 02-04-2009, 09:07 PM.
  • Capthemfoos
    Honorary DSA

Corno eh? Lol. Tell me where to get this stuff and how to use it as I am sure I have those requirements. I will be happy to help you out man.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

I have ONE wired controller that I can use on the PC with Pinnacle game profiler. I just need the XNA framework and I can help out.

And of course, I can also help with the Epsilon project as well.
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Crono
        Honorary DSA
        • Dec 2004

Thanks guys. I'll be posting download links for the first build of HandyBots. Don't expect an Epsilon build for a month or possibly more.

Comment

• Crono
          Honorary DSA
          • Dec 2004

First build for test.

BaseBuild (Alpha version 1.0)
          Download http://adm-cf.com/jack/projects/Hand...BaseBuild1.zip

This is our reference build. There is a replacement build on the way, with some minor features, and adjustments. Bugs found in this build will be addressed in the current build.

Remember, this game requires two players (two controllers). No keyboard support has been added, it just doesnt seem to map well to a keyboard.

Comment

• Capthemfoos
            Honorary DSA

I think I only have one usable controller. I'll try to get another, but if not, I'm sorry. My PC can handle it. It's just logistics.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

• Crono
              Honorary DSA
              • Dec 2004

Gamestop and BestBuy sell Xbox360 wireless adapters for the PC, that's what I use with standard wireless controllers. They're like $20.

Also, incredibly useful with emulators. I play mario64 all the time with a controller ^_^.

Comment

• RaTix
                Emperor

I actually have two wired controllers to test it out. Found another one when cleaning.

Any specific time frame for testing. Just wondering if I need to do it soon or sometime during the week, month, year?.. lol.

Also anything in particular you want us to look at, or just overall testing.
                "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
                ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Crono
                  Honorary DSA
                  • Dec 2004

Overall testing for now. If you have a buddy around, have them play against you. (It's actually very fun, especially for the more dastardly types. Lay those damn traps at the most inconvenient places)

When you come across a bug, here's the format that helps me the best.

Description: Give me a basic description of what you were doing, how it happened, what settings.

To Reproduce:

1. Start the game.
                  2. Choose colors.
                  3. Do some other step.
                  4. Etc. etc.

Reproducible: % of how often you were able to get this to happen.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎