Clear All
  • RageProphetXIII
    Officer
    • Jan 2009

Firmware 2.80 may be up.

This is up now.

PS3 Firmware 2.80 coming out tomorrow?

44 QJ

The Gamer Access is speculating that the new PS3 Firmware 2.80 just might be announced very, very soon. On the SCEA's Press Information website, it was allegedly found that there was a link for the PS3 Debug Firmware Update 2.80. However, clicking on it only leads to the message "The file requested do not exist".

from The Gamer Access - Image 1

Meanwhile, The Examiner takes it further by predicting that the Firmware will be released as soon as tomorrow, identifying it as a basic update. It is said that while there will be no new additions to be made available, there will be a few fixes directed at increasing performance suc as in having faster Trophy synchronization and faster XMB loads.

Speculation also runs that it might introduce the messaging and game invite system, but again, this is not a hundred percent certain.
    Last edited by RageProphetXIII; 06-24-2009, 08:26 AM.
    sigpic
    thedaxxman
    Civilian
    • Oct 2008

Hey Rage 2.80 is up. I downloaded it before I left. It's not mandatory so you'll have to go to "Check For Updates".

Comment

RageProphetXIII
      Officer
      • Jan 2009

So I did find out what the purpose of this update was and it was to block Open Remote. If you guys remember a while back I reported the backwards engineering of Remote Play. Well sony it seems found a way to do so and that is what that update was about.

If you are still interested in this piece of software then no worries the programmer who designed the program is again working on this and hopes to have a new release of the software. It's just a matter of time.
      sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...