• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • racestar85
    Civilian
    • Mar 2009

Best classic video

Just keep watching one of my favorite videos I can watch over and over

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-KaUl_olo"]YouTube - Arab Shooting Gun Test[/ame]
    sigpic
    thedooku
    Honorary DSA
    • Sep 2008

Damn, what kind of gun is that? Looks like an M14 with no clip.

Where's Keyser when you need him? ;)

"The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it"

Comment

RageProphetXIII
      Officer
      • Jan 2009

Dude I laugh my Effin head off.......the guy who landed in the chair was funny as hell and like the 5th or 6th guy was so proud of himself for not landing on his ass...lmao
      sigpic

Comment

RageProphetXIII
        Officer
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by thedooku
        Damn, what kind of gun is that? Looks like an M14 with no clip.

Where's Keyser when you need him? ;)
        It must have been a 50cal round though
        sigpic

Comment

racestar85
          Civilian
          • Mar 2009

.577 T-Rex is what they say it is also they call it a elephant gun
          sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
            Honorary DSA

No bro. That ain't no M14. I have some guesses, but an M14 just fires a 7.62x51mm round... it's a 30 caliber round with a shitload of gunpowder behind it. It will kick much more than an AK-47 (7.62x39mm) since the AK round has less gunpowder.

My guess here is something in the superhigh caliber range... like a .462 (11.7 mm), .50 (12.7mm), .577 (14.7 mm) or even the 70 caliber level (17.8mm).

Although an M14 (or it's civilian equivalent M1A) will kick the hell out of you, it's newton's law... :every action has an equal and opposite reaction: that why M4's and M16's don't kick that much... they aren't putting much energy out... same with SMGs... but smaller loads (I think a P90 is around around 5.7mmx28mm. The bullet will leave quick but it's kinetic energy is rapidly depleted, so it has no range and doesn't kick much.

Something like this stuff about is a BIG piece of lead being blasted out of the barrel at extremely high velocity... to generate enough kick to knock this many people down... its a hell of a weapon...
            sigpic

Comment

jmhc74
              Honorary DSA
              • Dec 2007

Can you imagine that gun on Confrontation...full auto with a 20 round clip. First round on target...the remaining rounds 20 feet above their head. LOL!!!

@ Keyser...no comment.
              sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

RageProphetXIII
                Officer
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by racestar85
                .577 T-Rex is what they say it is also they call it a elephant gun
                Yeah this was my next guess.

Imagine shooting that thing on you belly. It would take your shoulder clean off...ouch
                sigpic

Comment

racestar85
                  Civilian
                  • Mar 2009

@keyser: that's just what was posted with the video I myself don't know much about gun

That gun on any game would be ridiculous, I'm sure BOSS would call it a "nOOb" gun lol
                  sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
                    Honorary DSA

The only reason I know about those is a guy I know locally goes to Africa on safari and other big game trips several times per year, and he uses a .470 elephant gun for Lions and whatnot. I believe he has a .700 just as a novelty, because that is just too much, period, but cool to own and generally uses the .470 for emergencies (elephant charge) and carries a more standard .308 for lions and bears and stuff.
                    sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
                      Honorary DSA

@Jim
                      Sorry. I'm detail oriented.
                      sigpic

Comment

RageProphetXIII
                        Officer
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by keyser28146
                        The only reason I know about those is a guy I know locally goes to Africa on safari and other big game trips several times per year, and he uses a .470 elephant gun for Lions and whatnot. I believe he has a .700 just as a novelty, because that is just too much, period, but cool to own and generally uses the .470 for emergencies (elephant charge) and carries a more standard .308 for lions and bears and stuff.
                        Um where does you buddy live I wanna dress up like a lion and shoot his ass.
                        sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
                          Honorary DSA

You wouldn't want to give that a shot. He once shot a charging elephant at 100 yards. It's head is over his fireplace. He wasn't going for elephants, the guide got them too close to a water source when they were filling canteens and there must have been young around because one of them charged them, so it was kill or be killed.

You have to donate a LOT of cash to animal preservation to get to go on the kind of safaris he goes on. He will die out there eventually. No doubts. These aren't the "go shoot the old lion in the cage" things... these are the "The government of Congo thanks you for your generosity and would like to offer you the opportunity to come on a guided safari" things... all animals are wild, you just don't have to deal with the warring tribes and chances of stepping on land mines or running into assault rifle fire... though once he had to leave via chopper because some tribal faction had destroyed a section of fence and was poaching so the wardens had to get into a bit of a skirmish. Crazy part of the world, and damn cool. Would love to see it. With a weapon or two at the ready, of course.

But again, this isn't like hunting rabbits one afternoon. You go out there with a backpack and a gun for 6 weeks with a sleeping bag and a guide and cover HUGE areas on foot in fully wild territory. He actually has a lot of live animals as well...I think about 3 dozen zebra and some watusi buffalo and stuff. It's pretty nuts. Dude just loves Africa.
                          sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
                            Honorary DSA

My two faves classics:

This guy getting his ass kicked down the stairs at a soccer game:
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuA4axv2V60"]YouTube - Kicked down stairs[/ame]

And this one I could watch all day. I watch it for an hour once just trying to make it be unfunny, but it just got funnier every time I saw it.
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSD-U6GmKY"]YouTube - never scare a black guy[/ame]

I have a certain shadenfroid that comes out when dumbasses get their asses handed to them for doing stupid things to people.
                            sigpic

Comment

k1gibson
                              Stormtrooper
                              • Jan 2009

help

I have a couple of vid. I know you guys would enjoy but they won't unload
                              wrong file ext. or something what can I convert it to so I can upload it
                              I have tried uploading it to you tube and photobucket but the content
                              just won't allow it. the files are wmv :(
                              Last edited by k1gibson; 06-26-2009, 10:21 AM.
                              sigpic
                              "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
                              "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...