Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy
    Honorary DSA

PTRS-41 gets horrible credit in COD5

Not to long ago Snipeking and I were playing with a guy on CoD4 who really knew his guns. He told us that COD:WaW really downplays the power of the PTRS-41 which if you don't know is a sniper rifle. He said that it was originally designed as a anti-tank rifle and had to be carried by two people. After watching the videos below I could see that COD:WaW really did take a lot of realistic qualities away from this gun because one person can carry it and it is almost useless against a tank in the game. Below are some videos and links so you can check it out for yourself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ClWi27olA"]YouTube - PTRS anti-tank rifle[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWJ6QKnQCBk"]YouTube - Spring Offensive PTRS-41 14.5mm Anti-Tank Rifle - 5/24/09[/ame]

Capthemfoos
    Honorary DSA

Lol. Damn it treyarch, give us co-op anti tank sniping!!! Lol. I don't think they could do it. W/e, lol. In real life, he MP40 wa worse than the thompson, yet in the game it is evenly matched. The M16 is full auto an yet it is burst fire in COD4.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

keyser28146
      Honorary DSA

Depends on which M16. All M16's have single fire, but which variant depends on if it is three round burst or full auto (I know the A1's were full auto, and I'm thinking some other ones used by the air force and navy are also full auto... I think those are A3's), but the vast majority (A2's and A4's) are all three round burst/semi auto.

The M4 I think are always full auto or single fire. They are smaller than M16's, almost enough to be a submachine gun version.

COD is about 100% arcade action, so that stuff is ok (like G3's having to be single fire, WTF?). I tend to overlook it because nothing about COD is realistic, so stuff has to be balanced for the sake of variety. I mean if you've even seen a Barrett M82, you know you can't fire that thing like you can on that game standing up and walking. No one can.
      sigpic

Comment

SnipeKing
        Civilian

after looking through a few pages i did find that it isn't that it was carried by 2 people but manned by 2 one was the shooter and another was the loader. the ptrs doe NOT have a scope on it and here is a image of how big this mother is.

Comment

keyser28146
          Honorary DSA

Yup. A gun like that should be used as a "set piece" kind of weapon, the way the sniper rifle was left for you in the COD4 flashback mission.
          sigpic

Comment

SnipeKing
            Civilian

i'm just wondering what they were thinking making it that damn big.... "how can they see us?" "maybe we shouldn't have brought a 32 foot gun"

Comment

TheRealHanSolo
              Officer
              • Jun 2008
              • DSA Solo

maybe we shouldn't have brought a 32 foot gun
              Yes but guns and stupid giant SUVs and muscle cars are designed by men who are compensating for something. Fuck guns, go back to swords. Go back to MEN fighting MEN, not dumb ass frat boys with shaved heads shooting bullets. No fuck marines, fuck special ops, fuck MI6, fuck the CIA, fuck all those hard nosed "modern" day badasses and give me a shield, a spear, and a sword. I will throw the spear away and use my shield and sword. SPARTA!!!!!!

Comment

SnipeKing
                Civilian

you like dude sandwiches

Comment

RageProphetXIII
                  Officer
                  • Jan 2009

I'm a sword guy myself. I'm a big dude but I can handle some sharp weapons with precision
                  sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
                    Honorary DSA

I love me some Tai Chi Jian. We used to get wasted and fight at big parties with kendo sticks behind solo's old place.
                    sigpic

Comment

TheRealHanSolo
                      Officer
                      • Jun 2008
                      • DSA Solo

OH MY GOD IT WAS AWESOME! I fucking miss fighting with kendo sticks at the Hendo. Dude still nothing compares to those swords Loran used to make and that they fought with in The Pit at Catawba. But yea fuck guns!

Comment

Andy
                        Honorary DSA

Fuck guns and fuck traditional swords. Give me a lightsaber!!!!!!!

Comment

Gino
                          Civilian
                          • Mar 2007
                          • Gino31B

police

I would like to see people run with the PTRS in WaW at the rate they do. The fucker is so big i would be tired after thirty feet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Andy
                            Honorary DSA

and when you pull the pistol out and put the gun on your back, you seem to be able to run faster. I would get a back ache!

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                            Working...