X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SwampDonky6
    Civilian

Cash for Handymen

or Cluckers lol...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDORGqcerBM"]YouTube - Cash For Clunkers... Why Not Cash For Cluckers?[/ame]

DSA, I miss you all... I will be back. In the meantime fight the good fight.
    Kill or be Killed, there is no question about it.

"The only people who have seen the end of war are dead." -Plato
    RaTix
    Emperor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfuZ7hiap0"]YouTube - Glenn Beck: Cash For Clunkers is a government scam to gain access to your computer[/ame]
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

FunkyFaulc
      Civilian
      • Mar 2009

Wow, that is a pretty broad legal statement/user agreement

"Are you questioning my Bad-Assness? Have you seen my guns?"

Comment

TheRealHanSolo
        Officer
        • Jun 2008
        • DSA Solo

Sorry Ratix but I hate Glenn Beck and this proves that her statement is false. Yes the wording was bad but God knows there are badly written statements in a lot of writing. Plus IF they wanted access all the need is a good hacker sitting under a mountain at NORAD or maybe Matthew Broderick lol.

Comment

sovereign
          Honorary DSA
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TheRealHanSolo
          http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...unkers-web-si/

Sorry Ratix but I hate Glenn Beck and this proves that her statement is false. Yes the wording was bad but God knows there are badly written statements in a lot of writing. Plus IF they wanted access all the need is a good hacker sitting under a mountain at NORAD or maybe Matthew Broderick lol.
          Do you know why the statement is rated "False?"

Because the way she painted the case made it sound like *anyone* who logged onto the website is subject to those TOS (which at that time were worded exactly the way described, until they were later changed), instead of acknowledging that the TOS only applied to the *dealer* potion of the website.

Had she said from the start that this just applied to dealers completing transactions, we might be more generous in our ruling. But we think anyone who saw the July 31 program — in which she claimed "seriously, they can get all your information" — would be left with the clear impression that anyone who logged into the cars.gov site was opening their computer to Big Brother. And that's False.
          In the end, whether it is only a small percentage of users affected by something like this, or it is the entire user base, what does it matter? Is it not alarming that such wording could even find its way into the TOS? What gives the government that right?

Well anyway, I suppose we should all strive to be better citizens:

Last edited by sovereign; 08-05-2009, 05:03 PM.

is not the hope you are looking for...

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...