• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheRealHanSolo
    Officer
    • Jun 2008
    • DSA Solo

No MW2 Beta

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

There is a petition you can sign to get Activation MAYBE to put one out.
    keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

Well, as short as the campaigns are, a demo would BE the campaign, and since they are reusing assets from 4... you already have the demo.

Still, a MP only demo would be a good idea, but I don't think they are really worried about sales. This is going to sell like free beer.
    sigpic

Comment

Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Pre orders are through the roof. No need for a beta.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

Exactly. There is no one they can convince to buy it who isn't going to buy it on day one.

They aren't going to take any risks, and to be fair, they probably shouldn't... just rake in the cash.
        sigpic

Comment

Gino
          Civilian
          • Mar 2007
          • Gino31B

Oh God Keyser, you may be the biggest COD nay-sayer I have ever met. I don't know the key ingredient of why demos are released however i do know they benefit the company more in sales other than to get people addicted to it.

Looking back at the WaW demo froma year ago i can say that these things wouldn't of been fixed:

1. Many map glitches
          2. Weapons reload taking forever.
          3. Some weapons too powerful and some way underpowered.
          4. Lack of number of spawns in a map which makes you able to get spawn camped. (This really pissed me off.)
          5. No "ting" sound for headshots.
          6. Initial Server issues
          7. All weapons took time to fire after sprint except melee and could stab everyone in close combat.

And i know there was many more. So the real reason i want beta more than anything it to fix the problems in the beta before the game comes out so we don't have to suffer with mistakes they make. I hate games that are glitched more than anything.
          sigpic

Comment

keyser28146
            Honorary DSA

I'm curious about why there hasn't been a change in the spawn system myself... this was a major gripe I had with the game until going HC mode, which eliminated it as an issue.

I would guess on a release THIS big, the closed Beta team is probably so large that it makes an open Beta simply unnecessary. Add this to the fact they have had probably 2 years of dev time with the game, and most of the bugs should be out by this point anyway. Only thing they need to do is print discs and cases and rake in the cash.

I doubt there would be a demo either, since there just isn't a need for it... why waste the resources crafting a Demo package when your pre-orders are through the roof and the last one sold so well?
            sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...