Help me with picking an MP3 player for my grandma.

Collapse

Ad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rommel
    Civilian
    • Jul 2009

Help me with picking an MP3 player for my grandma.

Alright, I want to buy something nice for grandma. She's keeps asking me about my mp3 player and I think she wants something to play her old vinyl records.

I looked into those combo music players. There was a really nice one that had cassettes/mp3s/records/cds/radio built in. Problem is it was $400... Sorry grandma...

So I'm thinking I'm gonna get her with the times and tell her to ditch her cassettes and records in favor of mp3s I can get for her easily on the internet. This is where you come in: I need an MP3 player with an extremely easy to use (or easy to learn) interface. If possible, big screen and/or big buttons. If it comes with built-in speakers, that's a plus, but if not, then it must have outputs that allow external speakers. My grandma will not be able to see the screen of most iPods and I don't think she will enjoy having earbuds on. The cheaper, the better as I don't have much money.

Quality of sound and video playback don't matter to my grandma. The main aspect is that it should be easy to use because my grandma gets panic attacks when she comes near electronics.

Have you ever bought something like this for your mother/father/grandparents? What did you buy?

Help is greatly appreciated. When it comes to shopping for gadgets, I can only seem to find the latest and greatest, but never something that would appeal to seniors.
    FunkyFaulc
    Civilian
    • Mar 2009

They have one of those MP3/Vinyl/CD players at Target. They're under $200.

"Are you questioning my Bad-Assness? Have you seen my guns?"

Comment

fromunda
      Honorary DSA

I have a 30 gb Zune and I love it and you can either get a chord to run it through the stereo, or get an fm transmitter(for about $10 on ebay). The 30 gb has a good screen and you could download all her old cassettes and records for her.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...