• Show
Clear All
    norm
    Imperial Guard
    • Jun 2006
    • DSA norm

Originally posted by Muncher
    I would have a heart attack from joy.
    One thing I loved about Section 8 was the ability to rock a machine gun with a secondary weapon (sniper rifle, large machine gun, shotgun and so on) That makes more sense to me.

One thing I do like is the silencer for the shotgun and sniper. Now if I can rock the shotgun with the silencer and red dot sight I would laugh everytime I killed someone.

Des read this and hope it makes some sense to you.

Weapons

The weapons have been upgraded in many ways. Not just the amount of weapons available, but also in the way to use them. Infinity Ward added new weapon classes as well as new weapons for the already existing classes. It's still point and shoot (d'oh), but you can now choose to suppress your sniper rifle or an (let's say) automatic shotgun. Instead of the traditional side-arm slot, there are now now primary weapons and second weapons. These secondary weapons can be a number of different things e.g a shotgun, a launcher, a machine pistol.
    Equipment

The frag grenade now falls into an equipment category. This equipment slot can be customized to hold one of a number of items which greatly change the gameplay we were used to uptil now. One of which is the throwing knife, with this you will not be equipped with a grenade. After throwing the knife you can pick it back up and use it again. Other equipment that you can use in the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer mode is a Semtex grenade, ablast shield and tactical insertion. With this last one you can throw a flare on a spot you want to respawn, which could be well behind enemy lines. After you die you will spawn from that exact spot. With all this choice to change things to your own liking, it will probably mean Modern Warfare 2 will not be the "nadefest" that most hated Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for.
    Kill Streak Awards

It will be your choice how to set up your own kill streak awards. You're free to choose three of your liking, whether these are the first three (short kill streaks, 3 / 4 / 5 kills) or three high ranking kill streaks (for the pros, 9, 11, up to 15 kill streaks).
    • 3 kill streak — UAV
      Team Radar for a limited time span
    • 4 kill streak — Care Package
      This supply drop will pick a random kill streak, from Predator Missile (likely) up to a AC-130 (less likely)
    • 4 kill streak — Counter UAV
      UAV scrambler/jammer
    • 5 kill streak — Sentry Gun
      Automated machine gun that you can drop at strategic points. It's an extra (stationary) teammate that will not miss!
    • 5 kill streak — Predator Missile
      User controlled missile to pin-point impact point.
    • 6 kill streak — Precision Air strike
      Not yet seen in action but the name give us a slight clue... Pin-point an air strike...?
    • 7 kill streak — Attack Helicopter
      Call in a helicopter that has turrets to take your enemy down, might be user controlled but it's not confirmed.
    • 9 kill streak — Pave Low
      Another heavily armored assault helicopter, shoots rockets and may be user controlled. Again, user controlled is not confirmed.
    • 11 kill streak — AC-130
      Plane that shoots a 25mm turret, 40mm canon and the killer 105mm canon. Seen in action in this video: AC-130 Kill streak
    • 15 kill streak — unknown

Death Streak Awards

Yes, you will be awarded when you die 4 or 5 times in a row. Death streaks are for the less advanced player who is having trouble getting kills and is repeatedly dying without getting a kill. The death streaks give the player an advantage to try and help them to get kills once they have died a certain amount of times without getting a kill.
    • Copycat
      Player receives the class that was used by the enemy that killed them, even if the equipment hasn’t been unlocked by the player yet
    • Painkiller
      Player receives a health boost upon respawn, however, this health boost only lasts for a limited period of time

Callsigns

These are personalized by the player, and they represent the rank of the player, and the type of player that they are, for example if a player gets a lot of knife kills he will unlock a picture to customise his call sign, to show off his skill in this area. Add-ons are unlocked for numerous different things and can then be displayed by the player to be seen by others. “Another element for making players famous”
    Leveling

The ranking as been completely redone, new level cap of 70. Tweaked amount of points for kills,capturing objectives and points for doing specific things e.g taking down a helicopter. You are now rewarded for more than just getting kills and doing objectives, There are now rewards for prestiging, and also there are still things to unlock even when you have pretiged fully, “new elements to prestige”.

no idea about the clan thing. I am hoping for squads and clan support myself. If GRAW could do it for clan support and WaW could have squads MW2 should have both.

Also from my understanding is the issues with the lobby was because CoD4 was a port to the PS3 because the game was built for the 360 at the time. They should have developed it better now. In some of the videos they were playing on the PS3 and in some were the 360.

For everyone else Good MW2 website with lots of info and videos. Should help you keep up with things since they collect all the info for you and put it in just one place to make it easy for you to find.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
    Working...